Can hips be changed?

Options
I have very wide hips.
I think the measurement is 35 inches...
Today I walked about 2 miles to the store to try on clothes.
I was disappointed , because I tried on 6 pairs of size 5 pants..
Only 4 fit..
And the reason they won't fit is because my hips are so wide!
I have an okay size waist..about 26 inches.
Can I really change my hips a lot?

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    ummm...depends on your bone structure I suppose. If you don't have much covering them, then I would say your hips are just wider and it's the way you're built.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Odd-numbered sizes are a narrower cut than even-numbers. If you have wide hips you should be wearing a 6, not a 5.
  • hellokehtty
    Options
    That doesn't sound super wide at all? Thats about my hip measurements.... And you have a tiny waist! Embrace your curviness!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get some fat off mine, I'm a pear shape and mine are 41 inches :( My waist is 31 lol
  • Lup120
    Lup120 Posts: 31
    Options
    As people have mentioned it depends at what weight you're at now, how much fat you currently have, and genetics. Some people are just going to have wider hips than others no matter how much weight and/or fat is lost.

In addition as some one also mentioned odd number sizes (in America at least) are typically sized smaller than even number sizes. Odd numbers are juniors sizes, while even numbers are misses. That means junior sizes are cut and sized to fit teenage girls while even sizes are cut and fitted to be worn by an adult woman.

Also sizes from store and brand can differ greatly a size 4 from H&M, Old Navy, American Eagle, and Express will each fit someone differently. It means nothing against you it's just how they make their clothes. Try not to worry too much about size and worry more about if it actually fits and looks good on you. I work retail and it's always frustrating to see people trying to squeeze into something because they're always x size and does not look flattering but if they went up a size or two it would look awesome.