FT60/Wearlink Transmitter Help Please.

Options
Hi I have a polar FT60. The readings have been really low for weeks now, but it has now stopped working. When i go to start a training session it can't find my heart rate. I've given the strap a wash and this has made no difference. I am guessing it's hopefully just the transmitter battery that needs changing. Does anyone know what kind of battery it is? The number of it? Im guessing it is in the user guide but i cannot find mine!

Thanks,

Zara x

Replies

• Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    You can get the manual here: http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/support/User_Manual_for_FT60_in_English?product_id=7882&category=manuals

If you have a store near you that specializes is batteries, they would actually change it for you. There's one near me called "Batteries Plus." Very handy.
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I use that same HRM and replaced the batteries recently. It takes a CR2025 battery. Easy to do.
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Replacement batteries for the FT80, FT60, FT30 and FA20:

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/accessories/battery_set_for_ft80_ft60_ft40_fa20
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I have an FT60 as well

Does it ever find your heart rate? Do you make sure the contacts are wet before you put it on?

If the battery was low, you'd probably have seen a low battery warning by now. I think Polar uses their own proprietary lithium ion batteries, you can order them through the website. But I would probably call their tech support first
  • simbatabby
    simbatabby Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi sweetie, tha'ts really weird as mine is doing that too but mine is a polar ft7, its really having trouble picking up my heartrate, ive washed the strap and every thing, mine is only a few months old, surely the battery cant be gone just yet.

If I were you I would just open the battery compartment and take the battery out and into a shop to make sure you get the right one. Let us know if that works then I will try mine.

xxx
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I use that same HRM and replaced the batteries recently. It takes a CR2025 battery. Easy to do.

Thank you, this is a great help. Have ordered 2 Duracell ones off Ebay for £1. They should be here in the next few days! Fingers crossed all it needs is a 50p battery! HATE being without it! x
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    I have an FT60 as well

Does it ever find your heart rate? Do you make sure the contacts are wet before you put it on?

If the battery was low, you'd probably have seen a low battery warning by now. I think Polar uses their own proprietary lithium ion batteries, you can order them through the website. But I would probably call their tech support first

Been no warning on the watch that the battery is low on the transmitter! Maybe it would only tell you if the watch was low. I don't know. I am wetting it thoroughly and wearing it correctly, so i am really hoping it is just the battery!!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    I am in the UK. Cannot see why it would have to be a polar battery. Surely they are all the same? Think Polar just want you to buy theirs at their over priced rate! You can replace them yourself, that is part of why i got the FT60.... I will update to tell you if the cheap battery has worked or not when i get it! Its a Duracell one, but obviously not a polar one.

Zara x
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    just needed a new battery in the transmitter! It doesn't tell you the battery is low in the transmitter just the watch! woohooo. so happy. super cheap off Ebay too! x