colposcopy biopsy and exercise-LADIES!

Options
Back on June 28th I had a biopsy of my cervix which was a bit painful, i thought i could work out this past tuesday but it turns out it was painful. I'm scared that i'll gain weight if I don't start working out again, do you guys think i should try again or wait a few more days? I don't understand because most people are back up and running ( my case i was trying to do pushups) in about three days...i'm sure most people will tell me to ask my doctor, i do know that is a good idea but i'm just asking for MFP advice.

Replies

• mrobinson0805
    Options
    If it causes pain wait. You don't want to delay the healing. Maybe just take a walk to burn calories, but nothing strenuous.
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    it's so frustrating, but i hear what you are saying. :(
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I had no problems returning to working out the next day. Even after the cryo, which was really uncomfortable, I could workout the next day. You should talk to your doctor if you are in pain after a week.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    while you're recovering from this, eat fewer calories to make up for the lack of exercise, i.e. redo your calories for "inactive" as your activity level, and eat that many calories. Then when you can start to exercise again, put them back to what they were before.

You won't gain weight unless you eat more than you burn off, and you have to overeat by 3500 calories to put on just 1lb fat.
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    thanks guys for all the advice, it seems i know that already but when you are in the middle of being stressed out you don't really think.