Last 8 pounds......

Options
Seems like I am not easily losing these last 8 pounds to get to my goal. I feel "fat" and am staying within my calories, and exercising. It feels like my body is saying, "I am not losing another pound!" Any ideas of what to do?

Replies

• stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Switch up your routine.

Add more weight training if you aren't doing a lot.

Add more cardio if you are lifting more than cardio.

Make sure you are eating the right amount of food.

Make sure you are giving yourself some recovery days.

Sleep 8 hours when you can.

Take a week off from trying to lose weight and eat the extra 500 calories per day for a week. Then hit it again and see if you make progress.
  • briantalbot
    Options
    Have you been doing the same exercise routine for a while?
    Your body can get "used to" an exercise routine and not respond as positively after a while, whether it is strength training or cardio to burn calories. Changing up your routine and doing different exercises can help kick start the body again.
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    Switch up your routine.

Add more weight training if you aren't doing a lot.

Add more cardio if you are lifting more than cardio.

Make sure you are eating the right amount of food.

Make sure you are giving yourself some recovery days.

Sleep 8 hours when you can.

Take a week off from trying to lose weight and eat the extra 500 calories per day for a week. Then hit it again and see if you make progress.
    Exactly what I would have said. Changing things up is great for rebooting.
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The last few pounds are the hardest and a lot has to do with the math of losing them. I'm not sure what your maintenance calorie intake is but my maintenance currently is 1400 calories... this site is designed to not allow a person to go under 1200 (and DO NOT DO THAT for so many reasons but basically so your body can function with breathing/heart/etc). So in my case, essentially I HAD NO CHOICE to work out at least 300 calories per day and eat at 1200 in order to hit my 500 calorie deficit (1200 consumed vs 1700 burned). That last 5 or so are the worst and there has to be an up in activity in order to maintain a healthy loss of a pound per week... just think that it's only temporary because once on maintenance you can go back to a normal exercise regime of whatever your choice is... or recognize a pound per week might not be possible and that's fine too..
    It's def a lot of work and it all makes sense with the math that it would be. I've been on maintenance for almost a year now after losing 45 pounds and that was just my experience at the end and backed by math... hope it helps :-)
  • mindyrosy
    mindyrosy Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks for the advice....I will try to up my workouts.
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Get crazy and start something completely different. I should jump start your obstacle AND feel like a brand new you!

What could be better than being refreshed?

xoxo
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Hard to help with a closed diary. But here it goes.....Make sure you are meeting your calorie goal, staying under is counterproductive, watch your sodium, drink water. Do as much as your own cooking as you possibly can. Measure everything, don't eyeball it.