Lunges and squats!

Options

Replies

• PurePammiegirl
    PurePammiegirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I seriously LOVE squats, I do them all day long while I'm at work or at home, but me and lunges don't get a long at all. My uncoordinated *kitten* always feel like I'm about to tumble over. Hahahahahaha!!!
  • rodjulebrus
    Options
    I love squats :D Usually go for Barbell squat tho.

Lunges are nice, but I get seriously pissed off when I lose my balance. Now I'm doing something called bulgarian lunges, which is more or less one leg lunges :p Really heavy, but you also get results to show off :)
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    They are my least favorite as well.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Love squats. Lunges are so-so. I lose balance all the time.
  • PHATmommy68
    PHATmommy68 Posts: 112
    Options
    I can't do lunges.. my knees are bad!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Better than burpees...

Oh burpees, how I love and hate you.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Lunges wreck my bad knee.

Dislike doing squats. When my butt is a few inches off the ground and I've got a couple hundred pounds balancing on my scapula, I start to wonder why I do them.

Then again, they are the single most important strength exercise...
  • KeepingUpWithKiki
    KeepingUpWithKiki Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love squats, but I really, really can't stand lunges. I hate them. Lots!!

^AGREED! Lunges are the worst :sad:
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    Try step-ups with a barbell and you'll come to appreciate squats and lunges LOL
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Oh how I hate thee!!! anyone else with me? I know they will do my body good and I will love the results from them but I still hate them lol.

Do you use weights while doing lunges or squats?
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    How I love to hate leg days in general....squats make me wanna throw up but in a good way...I think, lol! I'm so sore today from doing legs yesterday that just squatting down to take a seat is tough much less taking the stairs....I mainly do compound lifts so I don't really do lunges anymore. They hurt my knees so I don't miss them at all.
  • bubsyh
    bubsyh Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Better than burpees...

Oh burpees, how I love and hate you.

This
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If you like lunges you should also do some bulgarian split squats you will really feel them in your bum the next day. Squats are my favourite closely followed by deadlifts. You should also throw in some barbell hack squats - technique is diffcult to start with but once you crack it you will have that great sore feeling in lower quads the next day damn!
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I hate lunges and squats. I do squats 3 times a week or so. Sometimes, I have my 5 yr old son on my back while I do them ;) Added burn.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Prefer lunges and squats to push ups. I agree with everyone else. They really help you to tone up your butt and thighs without even much work.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I hate doing them, but I love the results. Any calisthenic type exercises seem boring and tedious to me, so it's hard to discipline myself to do it. I'm always glad when I do, though.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Chrondromalisia and a wide Q angle makes me hate both!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I also love the results of squats/lunges, but hate doing them.

My knees always feel wobbly. T_T
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    I could lunge and squat all day if I had to.. but when my trainer makes me do jumping squats/lunges, I'm like seriously dude?!

Oh my god jumping lunges are an absolute KILLER.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I just did squats for the first time today! Definatly hard for me being a begginer, but Im going to keep at it!