Bloating

Options
Anyone suffering bloation after the big thanksgiving meal? I didn't watch what I ate at all for thanksgiving. I actually didn't gain any weight but my stomach feels bloated and has felt that way since yesterday. Anyone have any advice on how to make it go away? Maybe a 1 to 2 day liquid diet or cereal for 2 days? My stomach feels uncomfortable and I want it to go away before I go back to work! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and I hope everyone had a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I would not suggest a liquid or cereal diet. Your body needs nutrition from real food. If you were eating healthy before Thanksgiving then go back to it. Drink your water like normal, eat like normal, exercise like normal. It really is ok to take a day and eat not so good just get back to normal right away after. The bloat is probably from extra sodium or possibly extra carbs if you aren't use to them. It will leave, usually within a few days to a week of normal eating.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Do some excersise
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Drink more water and exercise, eat regular meals. I only suggest liquid meals for those who have trouble eating breakfast, or need to squeak in a low calorie meal.
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options
    Eat healthy and drink more water than what you normally do. The water will help get rid of the excess sodium. I have actually even had to use some of the natural water pills and that has helped but I normally have had to use those around my period time and when I have been on steroids so I wouldn't suggest that at this time. Right now just drink lots of water and get back to your normal routine.
  • missjenn
    missjenn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I didn't track for the past two days and feel totally bloated and ick. I am just going back to tracking today. Working out was awful today put I pushed through it. Best of luck.
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    I add some benefiber to a drink before bed when I get to feeling that way.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking green tea and that has helped. I had no bloating at all and actually went down in weight. Also try some asparagus and celery which are natural diuretics. Have some of your 'go' foods, that should move things along. :wink:
    I would not suggest a liquid or cereal diet. Your body needs nutrition from real food. If you were eating healthy before Thanksgiving then go back to it. Drink your water like normal, eat like normal, exercise like normal. It really is ok to take a day and eat not so good just get back to normal right away after. The bloat is probably from extra sodium or possibly extra carbs if you aren't use to them. It will leave, usually within a few days to a week of normal eating.
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll. I'll try some of the tips!:flowerforyou: