Bra's

Options
meabhaline
meabhaline Posts: 43 Member
I'm a bigger chested lady and I really want to get into running but all of the sports bras i have tried have failed me.

Does anyone else have this issue?

What are the best brands for decent support?

Replies

• girlyathlete21
    girlyathlete21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secrets... Their bra's are the best in the whole world for comfort support averything u could want in a bra!!!
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I don't have that issue, but a friend of mine did. She would wear an old normal bra that was supportive and then a sports bra over that. I know it has to be hot as heck in the summer, but that was the only way she could run.
    There HAS to be something out there....altough it probably cost to much...lol!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I used to have a larger chest and Reeboks bras worked for me.

I've seen this topic posted before, if you search it maybe you'll find something helpful? Goodluck!
  • meabhaline
    meabhaline Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well the heat isn't an issue as i live in Ireland and summer pretty much doesn't exist.

Thanks for the reebok and victoria secret suggestions. WIll do a wee search and see if i can find more suggestions.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I think larger chested ladies have suggested Shock Absorber or bra's by Champion.

I have small-ish boobs, but I've found good sports bras at places like Tj Maxx and Marshells.. always squashes them flat!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    maybe a genie bra!?
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    duct tape is the answer.
  • sshook990
    sshook990 Posts: 284
    Options
    when i was in basic training i had to use an ace bandage, this was ordered by my male drill sergant because of my slow running time, once i did that i was able to shave a few minutes off of my time, but sence then i have done 2 sports bras at once and also i have done 1 sports bra and exercise tops (like nike) with the built in bra over top sometimes its a little warm but it sure beats having a support problem. i think the ace bandage is the best but also the most uncomfortable i like the bra and built in bra shirts personally but its all about prefrence
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    Got mine from lane Bryant.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty big chested and what I found that works the best is wearing my regular bra underneath my sports bra. It supports them the best.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    champion makes a great one and you can even order by exact bra size instead of S,M,L. I have several of them and they are wonderful. Got them at Academy. They hold up well too.
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    I get ones that are a size or two smaller than what they are made for. Tight to get into and out of, but when actually on they feel comfortable and hold everything in place.

For reference I'm a 40GG.
  • tibeck01
    tibeck01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    champion makes a great one and you can even order by exact bra size instead of S,M,L. I have several of them and they are wonderful. Got them at Academy. They hold up well too.
    I totally agree. I recently started running, using a regular racer back style sport bra, size large. This bra smooshed me into "uniboob" and did not support well. I found a Champion bra, sized according to my regular bra size and it works wonderfully. A perk of this bra is that it has regular bra closure instead of having to try to squeeze into it by pulling it over my head.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I love my Moving Comfort Fiona sports bras. I get mine online.
  • PrettyKeli
    PrettyKeli Posts: 29
    Options
    This is one of the biggest struggles for bigger chested women.

Here is what I do

I wear a really good bra
    then a sports bra 1 size or 2 smaller
    then a body shaper with the top part
    then a tight tank top
    then whatever shirt I'm going to wear

it holds them down and I can run all I want without being in pain or uncomfortable.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I love my Moving Comfort Fiona sports bras. I get mine online.

This. Or Lululemon.
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I like Champion or Nike. Look for bras specifically designed for "high impact" and when you're bigger, it's also nice to find one with a clasp in the back, like a regular bra. It's easier to get on and off. My Nike bra is really supportive. I wouldn't run without it! Happy running!
  • AwesomeOne66
    AwesomeOne66 Posts: 220
    Options
    not that long ago, about a year, I was a 16G (that's Aussie size, US=38G). The twins were pretty ginormous and they didn't like running!
    THE BEST BRA EVER for that size is Bendon Sport Extreme Out. Yes, a bra with the word Extreme in its name was pretty confronting, ladies, but it is spectacular. Now, a year later, I am a 10E (your 32DDD). I use the Triumph Cross Action now, which is also a sensational bra for small back, big cup.
    Another tip...make sure it has the option to cross the straps at the back for extra support (both the ones mentioned above cross over.)
    My best advice ever, sweet big-chested mamas, is SPEND THE MONEY. Do not scrimp on the twins. They need your support. Hell, they need all the support they can get!!!!! You can buy other stuff cheap, just get the girls properly fitted and spend the $. It's totally worth it.
    me and the twins love running now...no jiggle jiggle....ever....