Replies

• oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site! :flowerforyou:
  • duie7
    duie7 Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Just remember take it one day at a time, the weight wasn't put on in one day and it will not be taken off and stay off in one either. Good luck on your journey.
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Terrific. I finally decided it was time for me to get serious too. I started dieting 13 weeks ago.
    I really will do it this time. I am dieting, water areobics 3 times a week and strength & weight training 3 times a week.

mfp (my fitness pal) is helping me balance & track calories. And will help as I add calories back into my diet and learn to maintain my weight.

For inspiration & motivation, I came across this the other day that someone had posted:
    " I got on my computer and did some reading and learned 4 important truths about permanent weight loss:

1. People who track their calories and exercise are more likely to succeed at losing weight.

2. People who use a moderate approach of limiting calories, and tracking fat and sodium, and incorporate foods they LIKE into their diet are more likely to PERMANENTLY lose weight. I have lost on Atkins, for instance, (back in 2001) but I LIKE carbs, so when I began to eat like "ME" again, all 30 lbs. came back and about 10 lbs. more--"interest" I would have preferred to NOT earn!!

3. People who look at their efforts as a LIFESTYLE change, NOT a "diet" are more likely to MAINTAIN their weight loss.

4. People who have a support system are more likely to maintain their motivation to stick with their program. One option is Weight Watchers meetings, if that is their style (not mine because a) I am cheap; and b) I HATE going to meetings of any kind; and c) I don't particularly like discussing my weight in person with others). Another is online support groups, and that is where I feel most comfortable."

I thought this had great points and reinforces that I'm making good decisions. Best wishes on your decisions- katie
  • thebodysnatcher
    thebodysnatcher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I need the encouragement to increase my fortitude!
  • Tasha73
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step. I am starting my journey as well. It seems like I've been trying to drop the weight since having my daughter which was 10 years ago. I had gotten to a point when I was doing really well and then I fell off again. I know that the key to succeeding is consistency. I am ready to make life changes and not just loose weight for the next event. We are all in this together...WE CAN DO IT!!