binging

Options
Hey everyone. I'm having a little bit of a hard time and feeling really discouraged. I'm a binge eater I feel that my binging has limited my progress. It's been 3/5 months and only lost ten pounds, and prob gained a couple back. I feel so guilty bc I should have made so much more progress by now!!. Anyone experience this??

Replies

• ieva015
    ieva015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hey. i'm a binge eater. due to it, i haven't lost a single pound over the period of 3 months... i lose, then i gain it all back...
  • orderofconfusion
    Options
    Me too!!! I'm an emotional eater/eat to cope, so I've been trying to switch out the habit of comfort eating with something else... I haven't found anything besides smoking (which is in no ways a good alternative >.<) that really works for me consistently yet though.

It might help you out to take up a hobby like knitting, crocheting, beading, etc. that keeps your hands busy and helps you concentrate on something else.... If that doesn't work for you, stock up on foods that are healthy/lowcal (like veggies, lower sugar fruit, broth, etc.), that way if you binge it will be far less calories. Sometimes thirst or vitamin deficiency masquerade as hunger as well, so make sure you're getting proper nutrients and hydrating. =)

Also, try to figure out what your triggers are that lead to a binge. After I pinpointed the feelings that were causing me to binge, it's made it far easier to fight the urge.