For those of you that have met your goal....

Options
About how long did it take you to get there?

I know it's different for everyone, and depends on how much you had to lose to begin with, but I'm just curious.....how long did it take you to reach your goal?

If you're brave enough, can you tell me where you started out and where you ended up? That's not necessary, but like I said, I'm curious.

Replies

• mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    It took me 5 months to reach my goal weight. 5'3'', SW 148 lbs, GW/CW 130 lbs, size 8-10 to 4-6, (from jan 2012-june 2012).

I do lots of cardio, including treadmill, elliptical, crossramp. Classes (spin, zumba, dance, body pump, kickboxing, pilates, etc). Weights and I also do at home dvds plus walk my dogs 2-3 times a day. I love variety, as I get bored easily. I workout 4-6 times a week.

I try to make healthy eating choices as often as I can. (by eating lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, drinking more water, cut fast food (well, I will have the occasional Chic Fil-A kids meal), limit processed foods, fatty foods, artificial sweetners, and sugar).
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    5'9... Started at 180 Size 10.. Ended up at 151 Size 4. Took me a whole year(Jan through Dec of 2011) to accomplish that.

I eat what I want, when I want as long as it fits in my calories. I lift weights 2-3 times per week and do cardio 2-3 times per week.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. =)

I'm trying to put some perspective around my own work, and make sure I'm staying realistic for myself, which can be a challenge some days...haha.

This helps. You guys are great =)
  • HellsKells
    Options
    bump...anyone else?
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will ever reach my goal as it is always changing as progress happens. Original goal was to lose 40-60 pounds. That took around 2 years. The next goal was to 'bulk'. I've just about reached my bulking weight over the last few months and now the new goal is to cut and work on losing body fat. Once that is done I will still want to work on building more muscle. It's a never ending cycle for me. I always want to have a new goal in mind.

My initial weightloss was over a span of about 1-2 years though and I honestly don't know what my calorie target was back then. I never worked out either. I try not to think about the time frame in my goals though because sometimes it just takes longer than it might for others.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    To be honest it took me 3 long years to get here where I am now, no thanks to diabetes & PCOS that made weight loss very difficult for me.

I started out at 75kilos or 165lbs. (I'm only 5'2" so that weight is already considered obese) with 43% body fat & a few months back, I was down to 53kilos or 116lbs. & then gain a kilo due to my muscle building program. Now I weigh 54.2 or 120 lbs. with 20% body fat.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Though my goals changed in the process I lost 75 lbs and met my final goal of single digit BF% in 8 months (262 to 187). That is for my initial cut. My long term goals are to gain about 20 lbs of muscle to go along with that which will require a few years of bulking and cutting (I'd like to get to 205-210 @ <10% BF). I'm currently up to 193 lb.
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    You can read my profile to get the short story. Make a friend request if you need/like. :O)
  • dfair1967
    dfair1967 Posts: 91
    Options
    I started out at 187 pounds and I got down to 150 pounds in about 3 1/2 months.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs (170 down to 130) in 7 months.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    it took me 21 mths to lose 100 lbs which was my original goal. I stayed within 1290 cals a day not eating back exercise cals and doing exercise 6 xs a week, mostly walking and biking, some strength training and exercise dvds. My highest weight was 287 , but was 256 when I started MFP and am now 151 , I am 5'6" and have fibromyalgia and hypothyroid which made losing weight harder at times. Just hang in there and dont give up you will get there
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It took me over a year to hit my original goal. My top weight was 132 and an estimated body fat of 32%. I'm 5'3" on a good day. I lost the first half pretty easy but hit a wall at 120. I knew my bf% was still too high, so I after a few months of battling, I got down to 115 and have been maintaining around there ever since. My body fat is around 23% now, and while I could stand to lose 5 more lbs of excess fat, I'm not sure if it's worth it. 109 sounds too tiny to me. :ohwell: I'm considering gaining muscle mass, but am happy maintaining finally.
  • LovelyNFit
    LovelyNFit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I met my weight goal in 6 months, started in May 2011, and reached my goal in November 2011 -I lost a total of 30 lbs. I started at 154 lbs (before MFP). I did a lot of cardio.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    So far ive reached my 2nd goal weight. Still have 5 more pounds to lose though.
    It took me 3 months to lose 10lbs. I ended up unintentionally maintaining for a month so technically 4 months. It will probably take me another 2 months to get rid of the last 5 and probably an additional 3 months to get my BF to where I want it.

So around 8 months for me! But I'm sure it will be worth it (:
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4"
    Started at 158lbs ~ now I am 124lbs
    It took just over a year.
    BUT - I eat whatever I want, just less of it - so it could have been faster, but I didn't want to start something i couldn't LIVE for the rest of my life!
    NOW - I want muscles, so goal is not quite accomplished - yet. :wink:
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Started 2 years ago. Logged diligently. Lost 30 lbs. Stopped logging. Gained all that and then some back :( So, it took me 2 years to get into a deeper hole than I was in to start! I keep thinking about where I could be now! Ugh! For me, it is one day of logging all my food and exercise at a time.
  • HellsKells
    Options
    Thanks everyone....this is great info, and makes me feel good about the progress I'm making. I signed up on this site a couple years ago. Used it sparingly here and there, but only committed to really giving it a go in early March. Sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough, even on days when I've done everything right, so just reading these and keeping things in perspective for myself is super helpful.

Thanks!