I have never seen so many women...

Options
I have never seen so many women come together in a positive way to support each other. I am beyond impressed, shocked, and amazed. I LOVE that about this site!

There is so much negativity on the internet and in the world in general.

On television the number one shows depict women hating each other, fighting, gossiping, trying to sabotage each other etc, so this site is really a breath of fresh air!!!

There are women sharing advice here, encouraging one another, reminding each other to stay on track 0_o this is really awesome!

Sorry I'm new and I had to make a positive rant about what I've noticed since joining! Keep it up ladies, it's wonderful!!!

Replies

• Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    Be carefully. Very mean/rude ppl on here actually. I watch my opinion, if I'm not up for a fight I don't talk.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    It depends on the day. Sometimes I see lots of positive stuff and other days it's very negative. It is a great site though regardless. :D
  • PrettyKeli
    PrettyKeli Posts: 29
    Options
    Aww dang :( lol I know there might be some negative people / trolls but so far I've only encountered positive... would you say you run into more negative than positive on here?
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    I guess I always go in the very opinionated topics. So it's prob my choosing but there was alot if negatives on one girls success story so it all depends
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    Depneds on what you post and who agrees or disagrees with it.

I'd recommend searching for a topic in the forums and seeing past posts before posting a new one so you can see what info is already out there (and so you don't accidentaly post a sensitive topic and get caught in a sh!tfight)

My friends are super supportive which is great! I don't really look for support in the forums though.

Good luck!
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    There's good and bad on every site...from what i've seen so far (and i've only been here just shy of a week) people are generally good at supporting each other.
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    GIRL POWER

:flowerforyou:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    This site is filled with people who are growing, learning, supporting, and caring about one another. Not all of them care about everyone. Some of them don't care at all. Most of them will help if you give them a chance.

I have met many irreplaceable and absolutely outstanding people on this site. I am glad you are finding the same supportive atmosphere that I see.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I have girl crushes on all my friends here bc they are so Damn awesome and positive!!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the day, or maybe even moreso, the topic. :) I think this is a fantastic site with many marvelous people that truly care about getting healthy...the message boards can be a pro or con. When I really want to know something, I post it on my wall and my positive, but real, friends answer. :) Best of luck to you!
  • DollarZone
    Options
    There are a lot of men on this site too, such as myself.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    For me the thing to remember was that there are certain people on here who think they know everything about everything,and so no matter what any one else says they are wrong.So just take what some people say with a grain of sand and whatever seems to be working for you don't let anyone else tell you you're doing it wrong! And good luck on your journey :wink:
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    And a thumbs up to all the awesome guys that are supporting each other on MFP as well!

All you ladies and gentlemen are awesome!

:bigsmile:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Be carefully. Very mean/rude ppl on here actually. I watch my opinion, if I'm not up for a fight I don't talk.

This.

I find a lot of people very rude and confrontational, and very set in their ways.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of great women and support here!

As for the negativity, I must say that I notice that the one's who have the most negative experiences seem to be the ones with a lot of negativity themselves. Misery does love company, after all.

I remain positive and surround myself with those kind of people so I have no issues here! I'm sure you'll be the same. :D
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I agree with you,It is very inspiring and a breath of fresh air!!!!!!!I
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    As a sometimes jaded "old-timer" on this site I appreciate this post. :smile: :flowerforyou:

You can/will find friendships that last forever here, great motivation, learn useful information and have fun. :drinker:

Good luck to you! :drinker:
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    I have some awesome guy friends on here too! I have to say there are some outstanding males to be found on MFP

:flowerforyou:
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    this site has blessed me. I not only have I lost weight and look toned for the 1time in my life, but I also learned a new way to eat.
    bonus- i've done 3 bible studies in the community section. There's another one starting next week if anyone is interested, let me know.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Don't let the doomsayers scare you off this is a wonderful place. Yes it can be contentious and heated debates arise from people with different ideas but if you search the topics first you will find the ones that spark people off.

Surround yourself with supportive friends, use the tools provided, roam the forums and you will find it is indeed and awesome place.

Glad to have you on board and good luck on your journey.