HOLIDAY WEEKEND HAS ME READY TO GIVE UP

Options
Eating all this holiday food and feeling guilty about it is literally driving me crazy to the point im ready to be done.

Replies

• SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Then drop the guilt. Seriously. Its over. Its done. You just pick up and go forward from here. Quitting because of it won't get you where you want to be, will it?
  • romabennett
    Options
    I know how you feel, I've been there. But you need to know that guilt is your biggest enemy and isn't worth indulging yourself in. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, put the past behind you and start all over again. I have gotten up and have fallen down again regularly throughout my life. (I'm a lot older than you.)

If you are including alchol in your weekends, maybe you could think about not drinking for a while. Alchol makes us forget our goals and our lose our focus. It only feels good for a short time. Wellbeing is a long term thing.

Don't allow yourself to feel disappointment in yourself. I read your biog and you sound like a young woman with a lot going for her. Focus on your strengths and how wonderful you are. When it comes to men and relationships, don't allow yourself to lose yourself in someone else. I know relationships can be problematic (believe me!) but from my older standpoint I urge you to be a strong independent woman in your own right and to find a man who respects that. Be yourself. You're wonderful.
  • NanoPacket
    NanoPacket Posts: 22
    Options
    I know the feeling. Its been a rough week and a half for me. The only saving grace is that I am still making better choices than before I started. Eating smaller portions than before. So far I have been able to maintain, (Well close to it, the scale has been a roller coaster) to top it off I cant get the BBQ that is sitting in the fridge out of my head.. ... But I figure I am doing better than I was and I am still on that downward trend. I hope you dont give up.. Its not easy, but in the long run you will be happier sticking with it I think. Good luck :-)
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    We've all been there.

And it's easy to give up.

So DON'T!!

You can do this, just reset and start again. Don't do anyhting silly like heavily reducing calories or increasing exercise without refueling your body. Just pretend you are back on MFP for the first time and start fresh.
  • MichaelaAustin
    MichaelaAustin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm just coming back from there... June has been a social month and in my family that means food... 3 graduations, father sday and a birthday... it all adds up. Unfortunately I've just eaten back all my loss :( the hill looks steep, and I'm outta shape, but I'm sure we can both make it over this next hump ;)