I have never seen so many women...

Options
2»

Replies

• PrettyKeli
    PrettyKeli Posts: 29
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your thoughts, opinions, experiences and warnings!

To all of the positive, motivated women please feel free to add me as a friend ^_^
  • PrettyKeli
    PrettyKeli Posts: 29
    Options
    this site has blessed me. I not only have I lost weight and look toned for the 1time in my life, but I also learned a new way to eat.
    bonus- i've done 3 bible studies in the community section. There's another one starting next week if anyone is interested, let me know.

*raises hand* I'm interested ^_^
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Think of MFP like any community. You will find good people and then you will find bad people and then you will find the worst of them all, bad people who think they're good but just having "fun" (These are the bullies).

This is overall a very nice site however I personally like to have a nice group of friends on my friends list and we support each other and/or rely on eah other for good quality ideas/information.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy the site and good luck with your fitness goals :)
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    MFP period synchronization is at an all time high
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately that's the sad reality. As human beings, we have a competitive nature & so we would rather diss each other out. I'm not speaking of all women but generally we are more vocal, emotional & so one might actually think that its women hating each other because of that nature. However I also seen men doing that to one another as well although maybe not the exact same way as we do but you know the guys who do fist fighting.

MFP is overall a great place because we all have similar goals whether we want weight loss, gain muscle or maintainance, to become the better versions of ourselves. However just like any other sites or just life in general, there are good & bad people here as well that we cannot avoid. Its just a matter of learning how to weed out the bad ones. One good thing about the internet is that we can always ignore or delete people that we don't like, unlike in real life.

Anyway don't let those losers get you down or worse stop you from being on this site. Good luck on your journey!
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I've had nothing but a positive experience, but I've made and kept only the best of friends! It's all about choosing better so you have better!

But on another note, it's helped me in real life too, it's almost liberating (?) telling someone peddling next to you in cycle class that they really pushed me through the workout because I had to keep up with their great workout! :). People like to hear reinforcement & feel camaraderie, keep it up!

Feeling' the love!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    As a sometimes jaded "old-timer" on this site I appreciate this post. :smile: :flowerforyou:

You can/will find friendships that last forever here, great motivation, learn useful information and have fun. :drinker:

Good luck to you! :drinker:

That's right babycakes! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart: