First day towards my goal. !!

Today is my first day on MFP. For many years now, I've kept telling myself that I needed to lose weight, but my excuse bag was always full. I've lost a few pounds but always can those plus more back. I am ready for a change in me, I want to be able to stand at the top and scream "I did it...!!!" I pledge to myself to take charge, lose this extra weight, and make my 4o's the best times of my life.

Replies

• fab4os
    fab4os Posts: 9 Member
    Similar story. In my 40s with so many excuses as to why I couldn't lose the extra pounds after having 2 kids - then an extra 20lbs crept on in the last year! I joined MFP a while ago but didn't follow it. This time I am determined. I am a week into it and so far have lost 5lb (probably mostly water). I have decided it's about time I started posting and making 'friends' so feel free to 'friend' me.
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Sounds like me! Always an excuse, but now that I look back, none of them are good! Today is also my first day! I'm looking forward to this journey to a happier healthier me! Good luck to you! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • Congrats on the 5. It always helps to see the scale go down, to get you fired up to stick to it. Best of luck, look forward to seeing/hearing of your journey.
  • I haven't quite figured out all of the reply, quote, etc. But I wish you both the best of luck. We can do this..!!
    Thank you for offering friendship. I have requested :flowerforyou:
  • fab4os
    fab4os Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks. I'm also still working out the whole posting/reply thing!
  • maggiemac40
    maggiemac40 Posts: 3 Member
    Same here, I'm starting tomorrow ;) got back from vacation today but have been experimenting with MFP app for the last few weeks. I have an 18 month old and still not back to my pre pregnancy weight! It's now or never - I too want to make my 40s great!! feel free to friend me, need all the help I can get :)
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    That's my story too. Just turned 40 and finally want to be skinny!
  • SellyBean
    SellyBean Posts: 1
    I've been that person who has always looked for the easy way out. Not this time; I will stick to my guns about eating healthier. I have to get down under 145 before May so that I can enlist into the Navy & I would love a support group. Currently at 204.5 =/ Help encourage me please? Also you can DM me on Twitter @SellMyLosses if you see that I'm slipping a bit , Thank You & Good Luck
  • BrynnyB
    BrynnyB Posts: 19 Member
    Good luck on your quest for health and fitness! I have just today started using MFP properly (tinkered with it one day a while ago). I am happy to find a bunch of people who are on the same journey to fitness that I have just started.

Add me if you could use a little cheerleading!

~B
  • Today has been my first day too! I really have no support here at home. I have had a tough time latley just with my addictive self. I am such a binge eater. However today I resisted and was busy staining our deck for 12 hours (that helped me) and I look forward to a great day being good to myself tomorrow in the eating department. I want to lose 30 lbs. I dream of losing 50 but can't picture how that would look. Hope you have a good first week!
    Oh by the way when I say I have no support here I just mean that it doesn't seem to matter to my family that I struggle with my weight, they seemnot to notice that I'm gaining weight. Hubby is loving but always asks me if I'd like food or wine ect. I don't always say no, that is my problem.
  • Today has been my first day too! I really have no support here at home. I have had a tough time latley just with my addictive self. I am such a binge eater. However today I resisted and was busy staining our deck for 12 hours (that helped me) and I look forward to a great day being good to myself tomorrow in the eating department. I want to lose 30 lbs. I dream of losing 50 but can't picture how that would look. Hope you have a good first week!
    Oh by the way when I say I have no support here I just mean that it doesn't seem to matter to my family that I struggle with my weight, they seemnot to notice that I'm gaining weight. Hubby is loving but always asks me if I'd like food or wine ect. I don't always say no, that is my problem.

Hi - I've been messing around with MFP yesterday and from what I can see, there is so much support here!! I wish you
    the best in your journey and we are all here for each other.
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Good for you! You're in the same age group as me and have the same amount to lose. Sounds like we can support each other. I love using this site. It does take time inputting everything, but it is so worth it because it is so accurate. I can't believe it's free. I get more use out of this than seeing my weight loss doctor. And everyone is so motivating and has great advice:) Feel free to add me!:laugh: