Women's running shoes?

Options
It's time for me to get new running shoes - and looking for recommendations. Anyone swear by a certain pair? I'm wearing New Balance now, and they're dying a painful death. Thanks for any suggestions!

Replies

• alyfin
    alyfin Posts: 103
    Options
    It depends on your foot and your running form. I have narrow feet and high arches and asics usually work best for me.
    Good luck on your shoe hunt!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Just popped into say I love your picture with your sandals and the water--

I want to be there--
  • metsgirl31
    Options
    I'd swear by aesics- I have some intense orthotics and these are the only brand they fit in without killing my feet!
  • healthworks
    Options
    I have worn Adidas Ozweego Classics Running shoes for years.. they were the BEST.:heart: I have been searcing for replacements, for awhile. I just bought a pair of Adidas Boston Classic Running shoe. Today is my first day wearing them. The thing is I guess they are on the endangered list. ... Adidas quit making them. Good Luck!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I have flat arches and wide feet but a fairly neutral gate (no pronation problems). I like wearing Brooks Adrenalines, they totally fixed my runner's knee. I may get a pair with a little less arch/heel control as I don't need it, but I do like the cushion. Brooks are technical running shoes that are the most specific I've ever seen. I used to sell Brooks, Asics, New Balance, and Nikes, and I always suggested Brooks over anything else.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I love my asics, right now wearing the gel kayano 15...love it, pricey but love it.

I overpronate and have plantar fasciatis so I wear inserts from my foot doc. If you know what foot type you have you can log onto any shoe site and find shoe fit guides to help you find what shoes in each line up are made to best fit your particular foot. I use these guides, make a list and go to the stores and try all of them on that I can find but I usually end up with new asics! Also, shoe stores that are "running" stores will help you find the right shoe for your needs, you have to be willing to get on a treadmill and run so they can determine which shoes you should try on, but worth it in many cases!

good luck :wink:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Just popped into say I love your picture with your sandals and the water--

I want to be there--

Thanks! It's one that makes me smile! :flowerforyou:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Thank you everyone, for the feedback. I do not really know about my feet, they just seem "average" or normal to me. I'll have to figure out where I can get a little information - as I don't really live near any "running" stores. The options i have for buying the shoes are Champs, Famous Footwear, Footlocker.

Thanks again. :)
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing asics right now, but they are still hurting my feet. Does anyone have a good suggestion for orthotics? I think I pronate...and I tend to hit the insides of my ankles together...I can tell where the shoes have rubbed together.
  • christine918
    Options
    Try going to Roadrunnersports.com and putting your body type and feet info into the "running dog" and it will tell you what shoe you need (for free)!!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I love my asics, right now wearing the gel kayano 15...love it, pricey but love it.

I overpronate and have plantar fasciatis so I wear inserts from my foot doc. If you know what foot type you have you can log onto any shoe site and find shoe fit guides to help you find what shoes in each line up are made to best fit your particular foot. I use these guides, make a list and go to the stores and try all of them on that I can find but I usually end up with new asics! Also, shoe stores that are "running" stores will help you find the right shoe for your needs, you have to be willing to get on a treadmill and run so they can determine which shoes you should try on, but worth it in many cases!

good luck :wink:

I second the benefit of going to a real running store, but a website lik roadrunnersports.com is a good altrnative. You can determine your arch type by wetting the bottom of your foot and stepping on a dry piece of paper and looking at the wet imprint
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Great to know! Thank you so much. :)