Can I afford a cheat day this week?

Options
I have usually taken a cheat day once a week every Saturday and or Sunday but this week I had the 4th of July Cookout, and went to Denny's this morning BUT I have eaten WAYYY below my calorie intake this week and have been working out and lifting more then ever. Can I take my cheat day tomorrow? Planning on Pizza and maybe a candy bar because I am going to the drive in movies. Can someone take a look at my diary and give me some clarity on whether or not I can take one? Thank you guys so much!

Replies

• kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    No cheat days!!!
  • ahelsel1970
    ahelsel1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    treat your calorie weekly goal like a bank account, whatever you put in or out is what you have.

If you add 3500 calories, it's a pound. If it's 500 calories you take out, you are 1/7th of a pound off. It comes down to math.

Does that help?
  • RazorTazor
    RazorTazor Posts: 32
    Options
    Yes cheat days. I have lost close to 80 lbs while taking cheat days. Look at it like this if you eat healthy one day and bad the rest there will be hardly any effect. Same thing goes for eating bad one or two meals once a week. Especially if my calorie has been severely low all week.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Don't think of them as cheat days, they are treat days. i had pizza hut yesterday, and one day is NOT going to harm 6 days of hard work. We are human and it's natural to want sweets or some kinda snack. I am at 22 ponds lost and I have treated myself once a week from the beginning. Hope this helps alittle. Good luck.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    No cheat days!!!

The way to a good marriage
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yes cheat days. I have lost close to 80 lbs while taking cheat days.

Definitely agree. This is life not a fad diet.
    I think you already know whether you CAN have one or not, the question is do you really WANT one? If so go for it, if not leave it for another day :smile:
  • RazorTazor
    Options
    The question is "Can I afford a cheat day tomorrow and eat some pizza" My calorie goal is like 2600 a day and I've been averaging about 1500 (not taking in account all the calories I burned just counting what I took in) a day all week. I think that answers my question with a "YES EAT SOME PIZZA AND HAVE FUN!" I would just like someone else to tell me that it is ok.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Once you cheat, it becomes easier and easier to cheat again and soon the program is out the window!!

Basil
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    No cheat days!!!

The way to a good marriage

haha very true
  • fitnsandyfun
    fitnsandyfun Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    treat your calorie weekly goal like a bank account, whatever you put in or out is what you have.

If you add 3500 calories, it's a pound. If it's 500 calories you take out, you are 1/7th of a pound off. It comes down to math.

Does that help?

Thats a very good way to say it :) I know as we have been eatinglean and healthy for a while we are allow one high calories day a week to shock your metabolism and keep it working
  • kjwillie
    kjwillie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You know it yourself. But, yes, it's OK!! Enjoy the splurge! You deserve it and worked for it!
  • RazorTazor
    Options
    Once you cheat, it becomes easier and easier to cheat again and soon the program is out the window!!

Basil

I'VE TAKEN CHEAT DAYS SINCE I STARTED MY NEW LIFESTYLE AND IVE LOST ALMOST 80LBS lmao Cheat days work. Ask any personal trainer. and once again I am not asking if cheat days work or not im asking if I can afford one from people who DO use cheat days.
  • neverquit16
    Options
    If I didn't have a cheat day or an indulgence snack every now and then, I would not have lasted this long. I say yes to a cheat day!! It's all about moderation right?:wink: I don't want to live a life where I can never have chocolate or pasta! Eat the pizza and enjoy every last bite!
  • KatPey121
    KatPey121 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's okay....and then get back ON the band wagon the next day. I had dessert yesterday for the 1st time in 45 days and I won't have dessert again until the end of the month. Once in a while is okay and healthy for your psyche.
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    The question is "Can I afford a cheat day tomorrow and eat some pizza" My calorie goal is like 2600 a day and I've been averaging about 1500 (not taking in account all the calories I burned just counting what I took in) a day all week. I think that answers my question with a "YES EAT SOME PIZZA AND HAVE FUN!" I would just like someone else to tell me that it is ok.

Yes, eat some pizza and have some fun! You have done great losing 78 lbs and this week! You can teach most us a thing or two!
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    Yes! Eat pizza! Have fun! :smile:
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    Yes cheat days. I have lost close to 80 lbs while taking cheat days. Look at it like this if you eat healthy one day and bad the rest there will be hardly any effect. Same thing goes for eating bad one or two meals once a week. Especially if my calorie has been severely low all week.

Then why are you asking? If you've lost 80 pounds already then you should surely the answer.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Right, never take advice from attention seekers whose diet is less effective and more restrictive.
    Duh!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    As for your question, yes, I plan on it...IF - yes, if I make my weight this Sat morning.
    I know I will - no problem.
    Make your choice, and ENJOY!:drinker:
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Cheat days are fine, but for health reasons, watch your sodium, it looks like you're getting way too much some days. I hope you've been drinking lots of water to flush it out.
  • RazorTazor
    Options
    You know it yourself. But, yes, it's OK!! Enjoy the splurge! You deserve it and worked for it!

This is the only person to answer the question. Thanks for the clarity. Now I feel better and won't feel the guilt. And besides I am gonna be lifting all morning before I go to work to prepare for the food tomorrow night.