People that have been married 20+ years...

Options
ahadj
ahadj Posts: 257 Member
The concept of it amazes me. (And kind of intimidates me... I want that, too!) So tell me, happy husbands/wives of years and years... What's your secret?

Replies

• ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Only been marries for 12 years, but living together for 22. The secret is to get all your problems aired out and talk to each other. Thats it!

Oh...and have kids, cuz then it becomes you vs. them...
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Been married for over 46 years .

Not secrets, just love, patience, understanding, patience, honesty, patience, communication, (did I say patience), commitment, and more love and patience. That's all.

And, please don't forget that life is not a rose garden....:love:
  • Poppi208
    Poppi208 Posts: 1
    Options
    37 years this month. Make a promise to each other and keep it for the rest of your lives -- no harder and no easier than that!
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Only been married 15 years this past March but celebrating 20 years of togetherness this coming Nov. We've had our ups, our downs and our in betweens over the years but I've always knew he was the one I loved and wanted to spend the rest of my life with so we've both put in the work to make our marriage work. My deal breakers have always been cheating or abuse anything else is workable. It helps that we've always had lots of trust and a really good friendship before we were ever anything more. So I guess really in our case there are no secrets..just respect, honesty and lots of love! :)