AB exercises for mother who had c-section?

Options
Was prego with twins in 2009 gained 18inches around my waist. After they were born I was 8inches larger. I am now5-6 inches away from my goal and cant seem to get any smaller. I have been trying for almost 3 yrs and am 30lbs and 6inches bigger than I need to be. I have heard the only way to get rid of it is to have a tummy tuck becaust they cut the ab wall then taking the babies. I have a 1ft long incision on my lower abs. Please help

Replies

• twinmama2009
    Options
    anybody??
  • kmmealey
    kmmealey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Have you asked your OB-GYN? Retired nurse here, not a mom of twins. I think it may require a tummy tuck. C-section incisions are thru that large abd. muscle (well, mulitple muscles etc) and you could also have some extra skin from the stretching of your abd to accomodate the babies.
    Several of my young friends who've had multiple C-sections and/or twins faced the same thing. They were in great shape & actively working out. Still had the tummy so opted for tummy tuck. Your OB can recommend a plastic surgeon if you choose that route.
  • twinmama2009
    Options
    thanks a bunch
    Have you asked your OB-GYN? Retired nurse here, not a mom of twins. I think it may require a tummy tuck. C-section incisions are thru that large abd. muscle (well, mulitple muscles etc) and you could also have some extra skin from the stretching of your abd to accomodate the babies.
    Several of my young friends who've had multiple C-sections and/or twins faced the same thing. They were in great shape & actively working out. Still had the tummy so opted for tummy tuck. Your OB can recommend a plastic surgeon if you choose that route.