Introducing: "Me"

Options
Back in April 2012, I weighed a whopping 335lbs. I was diagnosed with Severe Sleep Apnea... I am now using a CPAP machine. Before i started using it, i was tired all the time, waking up every hour and a half to use the bathroom. Therefore, I had no energy, health problems, and of course, being fat. I would spend most of my day on facebook, or on netflix and not exercise at all.
After a few days of finally getting a full night's sleep, I have noticed how I had more energy. I started going for a walk every morning, little by little gradually adding more distance... I now walk 2 miles every morning, which is very good for me because of being disabled from an accident that caused permanent damage for my back and legs. I went from 335lbs to 317lbs since April 2012. I found out about this website from a friend on facebook... he was talking about how he had about 600 calories to spare. I registered here on June 29, and since then, I lost another 7lbs!! I went from 335lbs, to 310lbs!
Because of the CPAP, my life has made a great turn around because I am now eating healthier, I quit smoking almost a month ago, and I'm also starting to feel better about myself! What makes it funny for me is now I don't spend the whole day in front of my computer and i quit playing games on facebook. I finished off the 4 projects I started 1-2 years ago.

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is awesome! You are well on your way to success!
  • ani4life
    ani4life Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is soooo awesome...kudos to you and keep up the good work!!! :)
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It's amazing the path that a good nights sleep can start you down.

Also for me, moving even a small amount seems to lead to wanting to move even more.
  • dmzazueta
    dmzazueta Posts: 36
    Options
    Great progress. Stories like yours inspire me to better an keep it up. I, too, have sleep apnea, but with claustrophobia the cpap machine and I are not friends. I have had it for over a year and still cannot get used to the darn thing.

Happy to hear about how well you are going. Congrats!!

Danielle
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good for you!!!
  • Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    What a great story! You strike me as someone who will reach whatever goals you set yourself - congratulations on quitting smoking and changing your lifestyle and losing so much weight!