MFP vs Facebook

Options

Replies

• dhiannon
    dhiannon Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I use both Facebook and MFP. I must admit the last two weeks I have spent more time on here then I have on fb.
    I am sick of the attention seeking, *****ness, cryptic status messages. I find the people on here are usually working towards the same goal and its about real feelings and thoughts not just so they can get compliments etc.

I dont think I have made a friend on here yet that I have regretted (although its early days)

I totally love MFP and invite you all to add me if you like :)
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have two windows open. one for MFP and one for FB lol
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I'm on here more than my Facebook, now
  • pxpwop
    pxpwop Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    This is much more useful than Facebook. At least killing time here is helping others, motivating, learning and on occasion just having fun. FB is pretty much just a fabulous waste of time. Having said that, I do love Facebook lol
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am still on FB to play a couple games, but yeah I spend MUCH more time on MFP!!!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I play on both
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    This is my FB. I still go on there... but MFP is just so much more helpful and interesting.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    I'm rather addicted to all you awesome people!! :drinker:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Oh this site wins hands down. When I post on Facebook anything health related, meh, no one cares. Here, you get a wtg!! Or something motivational like that. Love the support!
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yep! Me too!! On here way more than FB now and totally abandoned my Draw Something app. Traded it in for MFP and exercise ;)
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I check in on fb but real quick. I am on MFP all the time. I guess I feel we all have a common goal. I think we still get a bit of the drama on the boards here but mostly just people trying7 to discuss a point of view. I feel this site is motivating and helpful to my current goal.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I spend way more time on MFP then FB by far. Fun and full of knowledge, motivation and great people here vs FB:bigsmile:
  • barbielovesgym
    Options
    FB has gotten super boring. Bleh.
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Real losers use MFP ... I've lost almost 50.
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I don't even have a FB. It's silly to me and serves no purpose. All my family and friends know how to get ahold of me and likewise! MFP has a purpose and most of us are on here for similar reasons. I have met a few women on here that I have wonderful friendships with and ADORE! I am definitely addicted to this site!!!
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    As much as I love the false sense of connectedness FB provides....I'm sorry but nobody has 514 friends. FB is complete BS and just an outlet for all of us to unleash our inner stalker (see tagging at a location function) or to try to make other people jealouse of whats "going on" in our lives (If I see one more photo of an infant I may projectile vomit). At least MFP friends and strangers alike connect with a unified purpose - health, weightloss, etc. at least MFP serves a practical purpose... I can't say FB ever helped me lose a pound... I think it perpetuated weight gain more than anything - I maintain there needs to be a statute of limitations on photos I'm sorry but if you dont look like that now take it down

Another odd observation: I noticed last night at the fireworks show a ton of people were too busy trying to take photos of themselves and upload them to FB rather than watching what was actually going on... whats up with that?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Hardly anyone posts actual words on FB anymore. Every f'n friend that likes a picture (or several) muck up my feed with a green square that says something like "teenager post #387432, "if you have me hold your drink, i will drink it."

WTF is that??

Also, I really only use facebook to keep in touch with my friends and family that live across the country. And b!tch about dumb stuff.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    FB has gotten super boring. Bleh.

Amen sister!!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Real losers use MFP ... I've lost almost 50.

I see what you did there....LOLZLOLZ
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options
    MFP I use every day, a few times a day. I mainly keep in touch with my sister on FB.