This is what I was waiting for.

Options
The 4th of july was a very big deal for me. Most of the 40 people that were at the bbq had not seen me in 6 months, meaning they last saw me at a size 16 and 200lbs. Im 5'4 and now weigh in at 147, size 7.

My biggest goal, while incredibly conceited, was to be the hot wife. Having been obese my entire life, never dating in college or high school, and being the heaviest wife in the family, I really wanted to be the cutie in the room for once.

Well to try to make this short, most close friends and family didnt recognize me. And all night long all I kept getting "you look amazing".

But the biggest nsv that I could hope for, was our buddy telling me that im a little hottie. Never in my life have I heard that!!

Self centered and conceited I know, but it meant more tham the scale could ever tell me!

Replies

• Karenzky
    Karenzky Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    congratulations! its not conceited at all! job well done!!! you are an inspiration!
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats to you! Your own little FREEDOM celebration.....freedom from the past lifestyle! Bravo!!:flowerforyou:
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I am anxiously awaiting my hot wife moment. Oct 1 will be the first time my family has seen me in 2yrs and with any luck I will be at my goal weight by then. I don't think it is conceited at all. You earned your moment and I will have earned mine.
  • saamantha
    saamantha Posts: 74
    Options
    Bask in your success and be proud of your accomplishments! That's amazing! :)
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    thats awesome and not conceited at all, you worked VERY HARD for that body, celebrate it! :)
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Aww..that is great! I want that moment too! haha.. :)
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! that is an amazing NSV! Not conceited at all. You worked hard for it and you surely deserve all the compliments. Great work!!
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    GOOD!!!!! You own it guuurl!!! seriously Im so happy that you had such a confidence boosting night!!! :D cant wait till my glory days again HAHAHAH
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    No worries...I want to be the hot mom ;-)
  • samanthasuereese
    samanthasuereese Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    that has to a great feeling!! so in 6 months you lost this much? Can i ask how you're doing it?? as far as what exercise regimen and etc....
  • bbbsmama
    bbbsmama Posts: 96
    Options
    I was about the same starting weight & height. I am 5'4 and my SW was 193. I am down to 164, but my goal is 140-145. So this post gives me a lot of inspiration!!! Pics?
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Good for you! youre not conceited. Dont make yourself feel bad about your accomplishment :)
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! ENJOY...You are a hottie and sweet...Be proud of your hard work!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    awesome congratulations!!!
    cant wait until i have one of those moments haha
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Very well earned!!!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    You deserve to feel good about what you have accomplished.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous!!! Kudos to you!
  • Dlopez678
    Dlopez678 Posts: 97
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!! I also do not think it's conceited in the least bit. I have the same goals.. I want to be that hot wife..I've got a ways to go.. but I'm going to get there and I can't wait to have my moment like that!!!
  • MILF_in_progress
    Options
    I wish I could say I did it right and healthy when I started. But it started as losing 10 for a family function, so I went to gnc and bought liporush. It took off the first 25, but I dont recomend it. I felt like I was on crack, really shaky and the withdrws were horrible. After I finished the bottle, I switched to a very low cal diet, mostly fruits and veggies lean protein, and I dont eat after 6pm. Lots of water, and I started jillians last chance workout about two months ago. Also after the horrible liporush (do not take them), I switched to natural green tea supplements.

the green tea has been amazing and im averaging about 2.5 lb loss per week. I really wish I did it right from the beginning tho. But im on the right track now. 18 more to go!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    NOT AT ALL CONCEITED!!! I can't wait to be the hot wife. I managed it for a year once, but like you, I've been fat virtually my whole life, and I want to kick that persona to the curb!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!