Pounds in a dress size

Options

Replies

• BlondeQtTexas
    BlondeQtTexas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My secret? Weight training and HIIT cardio.

^ This. Even when I was not losing pounds I still lost inches.
  • SpanishRapunzel
    SpanishRapunzel Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", it's 15#/size for me. But I have humongous thighs so that may have something to do with it :/
  • owl92
    owl92 Posts: 74
    Options
    8 :)
  • cfox78
    cfox78 Posts: 1
    Options
    The bigger the size, the more pounds I think.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I lost over 30lb before losing a waist size.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and it seems to be about 13-15 for me. Started at size 16 and have lost 21 lbs and am comfortable in size 14 now and can almost squeeze into size 12 but not comfortably. Figure that will be comfortable with another 5 down. Would love to get to size six :)
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My secret? Weight training and HIIT cardio.

^^^^^^This is the key to losing size!! Pounds don't really matter - its inches which count. I have lost about 14lbs since August last year but since October when i started training properly I have lost 10.25 inches (5.75 off my waist!). I am down almost 2 sizes.
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It took me about 17-18 lbs to get from US size 18W to size 16W in pants. Standard size 16 is narrower than size 16W so that's sort of like a size jump too, even though they both say "16". I've lost another 5 lbs since i started wearing the 16Ws, but the standard size 16s still don't fit yet. I tried some on today and can button them up, but they are too tight to wear. I think it will take at least another 5-7 lbs before I can wear them. I am 5'4" and carry a lot of weight in my hips and thighs.
  • Crumleygirl
    Crumleygirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I tried on bridesmaid dresses last week and they said I was a ten. I was a 13/14. But they put me in 12/14 long dresses and they only place it fit was like my ribs everywhere else it felt like a tent.
  • veggiewoman
    Options
    I went from a 22 to 16-18 a few years ago. But now I've hit a stop in the weight loss. I've learned that I need more water than i realize. I was told that muscles grow while your resting/recuperating/exercising. I heard people gain weight from carb overdose. But I am trying to move onward and upward. Any ideas?
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I think it depends largely on your starting weight, how well you fit in the size you wear, and where you carry your weight. When I first started losing weight, it was 20-25 lbs. before I could go down a size, but in the next 25 I lost I went down two sizes.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 2X to a size 14 dress with a 45 lb loss... I'm 5'1"
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    I've lost ~60 lbs and only lost, mmm, maybe 2 dress sizes. I'm tall and it takes about 20 lbs for weight loss to show or move a clothing size on me.
  • sophiathedss
    sophiathedss Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The first 30 pounds dropped me down a size, I was at 274....then after that between 10 and 20 pounds a dress size. The closer I get to goal its been 10 pounds a dress size...interesting how every one is different too.

11269213.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It really depends! Since I am short 5 pounds can be a whole dress size! However no weight loss can loose you a whole dress size and inches if you replace it with muscle!
  • pinkglitz
    pinkglitz Posts: 28
    Options
    I think it depends on body type and how tight/baggy the clothes you were wearing before are. I never get properly measured and I know depending on where I shop I can fit in a few different sizes. I still haven't gone down a dress size it's more that my clothes fit better, they are not as tight and I don't have overhang/bulges as much. I am going to buy a pair of jeans in a size smaller as a personal mini goal and go by that not how much weight I lose.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17lbs and not even close to losing a single size - my clothes still fit well, not loose at all.
  • veggiewoman
    Options
    I agree- I would like to measure success by clothes size. Walking around the block has made a significant difference in my size, and it's better than just sitting there doing nothing.
  • BalmChelle
    Options
    Eh. I am not sure honestly. I am not about to go find out either. LOL I'd much rather hang on to my loose and baggy clothes I have until all of my weight is off, and stays off.
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It took me about 17-18 lbs to get from US size 18W to size 16W in pants. Standard size 16 is narrower than size 16W so that's sort of like a size jump too, even though they both say "16". I've lost another 5 lbs since i started wearing the 16Ws, but the standard size 16s still don't fit yet. I tried some on today and can button them up, but they are too tight to wear. I think it will take at least another 5-7 lbs before I can wear them. I am 5'4" and carry a lot of weight in my hips and thighs.
    I lost some more weight and am now fitting into my size 14s, so I thought I'd give an update my experience so far with pounds per pants size. It didn't take quite as many pounds as I thought it would to fit nicely into the regular sixteens. I'm still probably a couple pounds from being completely comfortable in all my different 14s.

18W ---> 16W = 17 lbs.
    16W ---> 16 = 8 lbs.
    16 ---> 14 = 12 lbs. (estimated, based on current loss plus 2 more pounds)

Of course, every store's sizing is different so it's not a "clean" comparison for every brand in my closet.