MFP vs Facebook

Options

Replies

• Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I am on here a lot. FB is fading for me.
    Have lots of fun here.
    Bacon for everyone!!!
  • Msjoyce88
    Msjoyce88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I still log onto my Facebook account but I find myself logging into MFP alot lately. Facebook has become filled with drama and people posting unnecessary things on there. While on the other hand MFP is more relaxing and I have found a lot of encouraging people on here. So for the most part, I think I will end up being on MFP a little more often
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I keep in touch with some friends and family on Facebook, but I definitely spend more time on MFP. I have read and learned a lot (both good and bad) on here. More importantly - I have stuck with this - despite hitting the dreaded plateau. Going on a couple of months of that now...and I'm still sticking with it, still exercising, still losing inches.

I've learned (well I guess I always KNEW but didn't believe) that there is more to weight loss than just the scale.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I use to get onto FB all the time and riffle thru all the nonsense that my friends post but recently I have become addicted to MFP! This is the place that I spend all my time. Every now and then I go back to FB and I usually have a bunch of notifications that I have missed due to being on MFP. Just wondering if MFP has replaced FB for anyone else??

Getting closer everyday!
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I usually have MFP and FB open but keep the MFP tab on top. It is WAY more entertaining that some of the stupid SH** people post on FB.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    For me, it was never intended to become a replacement... it just did :) But it's much better. And even more addictive. So... some days I consider phasing off MFP... I just can't do it, dang it! Too many reasons to keep this account. The benefits seem to outweigh the time loss. For now anyway.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hands up
  • tinyporcelain
    Options
    it's beginning to! I think that everyone here has the same basic goal helps too
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Options
    MFP is much better. I absolutely hate FB because of the people posting crap just for the attention. They should rename it to Attention Seeking Book.

Lmao!!! Not to mention all the drama....like being back in junior highschool. I swear people dont get that theres just some things we dont need to know about thier personal life. Like the ones who change their relationship status every few days. Do you need to advertise that you're an idiot who cant figure out whether you should be with someone or not???

I joined facebook a few years ago to keep in contact with family that lives far away and old highschool friends. I mean real friends not everyone i went to school with. I enjoy seeing pics of peoples kids and hearing about their lives but could care less about the whiners and troublemakers.

The difference between facebook and mfp is we are here for the support and sharing of a common goal. Not to gossip or instigate which seems to be the trend on facebook.
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Ok.. personally I think FB it fits better to a particular age range... and for me it has been mainly to maintain contact with friends and relatives just to show the existence of each other... rarely I communicate thru there...

Here I have been socializing while I am having a benefit from this great fitness tool.
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't have a FB, but if I did, I'd probably spend more time here.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i really just wish that MFP would incorporate some of FB's features. When you comment on someones post it would be nice to get a notification that they replied to you. That way you don't have to keep going to their profile and keep checking to see if they replied yet.
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i really just wish that MFP would incorporate some of FB's features. When you comment on someones post it would be nice to get a notification that they replied to you. That way you don't have to keep going to their profile and keep checking to see if they replied yet.

I just hope MFP with any possible improvements that they may decide to make in the future never looses their main tool benefit and not make it a "fun" place... but a serious place with fun features..
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options

I just hope MFP with any possible improvements that they may decide to make in the future never looses their main tool benefit and not make it a "fun" place... but a serious place with fun features..

great point
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    I was on FB for a month and quit. It is so overrated and I was tired of all of the attention- seekers. I :heart: MFP!

ETA: I do have to add that once I am at my goal weight I plan on getting on my mom's account and posting my "after" pics. Some family members have some of me that are absolutely humiliating and I want to let the world see the new me!!!
  • Blondehelmet
    Blondehelmet Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I realised after a whole that my 'friends' list on Facebook consisted mainly of exes and people I really haven't spoken to since high school about 10 years ago so MFP for me, all the way!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    nope.. I use my fb as I used it before
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    yup....i am a total MFP addict....id rather be on here and talk to everyone than FB...its all petty fights over there....lol
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hasn't replaced it completely but I definitely interact more here. The drama or nosiness is way less here, and it really does seem like the friends on MFP are here for support not to knock you down or criticize any chance they get.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    yup....i am a total MFP addict....id rather be on here and talk to everyone than FB...ol

100% this

But I know we all would like a like button and those little red notifications