Prom night dilema so many calories!

Options
HELP! ok so heres the dilema, basicly prom consists of dancing and a meal. the meal is a huge three course thing which lets face is, will have over my days allowace of calories. Then theres the after party which will have tons of dirnks and i dont want to be stood there drinking water and not having any fun when everyone else is dirnking. What should i do? should i enjoy it because lets afce it , its a one time thing , prom, or should i have 1 dirnk or what? i know its everything in moderation , but i want to enjyo it and get tipsy and have a good time without feeling gulty about ahving like over a 2 days worth of calories or something.

Replies

• Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I would say enjoy it. Eat what you fancy, don't count calories but don't go overboard. Eat until your full, eat slowly so your body will know when it doesn't want any more. It's your prom, once in a lifetime, you don't want to look back and remember that you didn't eat, but that you had a great time! Just get back on it the very next day.
  • emptyplate
    emptyplate Posts: 62
    Options
    Thankyou! i know i should enjoy it but sometimes its ahrd to let go. ill try to not go crazy and if im not too tired by sunday or soemthing i'll try and go to the gym ahah
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Relax, enjoy it, and don't even think about calories. Instead, eat mindfully -- don't stuff yourself -- and have a good time.
  • winter_vixen
    winter_vixen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't feel pressured to eat the whole meal, and maybe have a drink if you feel like it. Remember that you can have fun without the alcohol though! Don't feel pressured to drink just because everyone else does - I know that can be hard but it is sooo important! Most of all though, HAVE FUN! You only experience this once! xx
  • Puddles0308
    Options
    Eat until full. Dance your butt off. Have a few drinks. And have fun!! :)
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Mineral water with lime. It's what I drink these days and it looks for all the world like a vodka and soda.

Eat what you please if that's your thing but have, say, one drink (you're still at school; you should absolutely be getting a slight buzz from a single drink) and then enjoy yourself with your fake vodka and soda.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Eat and drink whatever you like! Just get back on track the next day :)
    Enjoy the prom
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    its life...enjoy it.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I had my leavers ball last week, so same situation. I ate lightly through the day, then enjoyed the meal, and didn't worry about drinks later in the day. I'm sure I was well over with all the sugar from the shooters , (although I threw up.. ) but I didn't worry about it. Prom only comes once.

Admittedly, a week later I've had a hungover weekend where I didn't really count, and then lunches out and girly evenings with wine in the week, so it has knocked me a little. Enjoy yourself, and don't let it worry you for just one night. Many people have a "cheat day" once a week - just let this ( and the morning after - trust me, you'll need it.. ) be your cheat day.
  • leeann0517
    leeann0517 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    HELP! ok so heres the dilema, basicly prom consists of dancing and a meal. the meal is a huge three course thing which lets face is, will have over my days allowace of calories. Then theres the after party which will have tons of dirnks and i dont want to be stood there drinking water and not having any fun when everyone else is dirnking. What should i do? should i enjoy it because lets afce it , its a one time thing , prom, or should i have 1 dirnk or what? i know its everything in moderation , but i want to enjyo it and get tipsy and have a good time without feeling gulty about ahving like over a 2 days worth of calories or something.

well if you're in the US, I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say drinking, since you clearly underage. So really, alcohol shouldn't be a factor at all.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it. A single night of indulgence won't hurt you.

Think about it this way: if you wake up the next day and regret what you ate/drank you can add an extra workout or two to your schedule for the next week or two, but if you wake up the next morning and regret that you didn't really enjoy the once in a lifetime night there is absolutely nothing you can do to fix that.
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options

well if you're in the US, I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say drinking, since you clearly underage. So really, alcohol shouldn't be a factor at all.

This. My prom was an amazing night and without an ounce of alcohol. :huh:
    Aside from that, enjoy yourself. Once in a lifetime experiences call for enjoyment.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I thought girls were supposed to be worried about getting knocked up at prom, not what they eat.
    I feel old.
  • arrow460
    arrow460 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    One night shouldnt derail your progress. You have to be able to have a little flexability in your diet to maintain it or it will never work long term. I do not deny myself anything I truely want.....I just limit the portion and get back with the program after!
  • arrow460
    arrow460 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it. A single night of indulgence won't hurt you.

Think about it this way: if you wake up the next day and regret what you ate/drank you can add an extra workout or two to your schedule for the next week or two, but if you wake up the next morning and regret that you didn't really enjoy the once in a lifetime night there is absolutely nothing you can do to fix that.

This ^^^^ or add to your workouts ahead of time to earn it....Chances are if you do that when the time comes you will not over indulge but if you do you earned it!