Weight Gain

Options
I have gained 4lbs in a week :-( feeling unbelievably de-motivated. I dont know how its happened went out for a mid week meal that put me over i wouldnt have thought it would be enough to add 4lbs.
I recorded it on check in this morning and my ticker ( which was going so slowly anyway ) is no back down to 0lbs lost :-(
Has anyone else had high gain weeks??

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    First off, you did not gain 4 pounds of actual weight.. for that to happen, you would have had to eat an extra 14,000 calories on top of what MFP gives you.. and I'm one hundred percent sure that mini meal was not an extra 14,000 calories.

Drink extra water and weigh next week.. you'll be fine.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    it's probably the sodium, your body could have been holding onto more water weight. This past week I changed up my meal plan and my sodium intake was less than 1000mg and I dropped more weight than I thought was possible in a single week.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Yes and it's stupid water weight. It happens to everyone.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    First off, you did not gain 4 pounds of actual weight.. for that to happen, you would have had to eat an extra 14,000 calories on top of what MFP gives you.. and I'm one hundred percent sure that mini meal was not an extra 14,000 calories.

Drink extra water and weigh next week.. you'll be fine.

Yup. This. The scale is lying to you. It will do that.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    yes if I consume way to much sodium and TOM....What seems to work for me is drinking about 10 bottles of water a day and switching up my exercises too
  • mrsrevell
    mrsrevell Posts: 4
    Options
    I find taking photos and measuring is way more accurate than the scales - also way more motivating!
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Weeks? Heck I have DAYS like that! (I know-you shouldn't weigh everyday...blah-blah-blah). Keep at it, drink your water, watch your salt...just think how happy you will be next week when you weigh in and you will be DOWN those four plus a couple more!
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    currently way up due to drinking binge this week...that will continue for a couple more days...then everyone watch out!! :)
  • Blondehelmet
    Blondehelmet Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Seriously that happened to me last week, I was so bummed and I hadn't strayed at all. I drank loads of water and peppermint tea and weighed myself the next day and was back to normal, even a little bit under. It's a roller coaster sometimes!
  • lippy1727
    lippy1727 Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks everyone its good to know its happened to other people, im drinking lots of water and green tea :-)
  • FatFreeKandee
    Options
    I had the same fear a little while ago. You may want to read my post :) Might help.

go here : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/651933-weight-fluctuation
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It's okay... it's water. Rest assured. You didn't eat 14,000 EXTRA calories did you?

The body is a complicated machine. Way MORE goes into a LB than calories or junk foods. Hormones and thyroid, sleep or lack of sleep, sodium water retention, water retention from heat, lack of hydration, too much hydration, PMS, swollen muscles from working out, did you poop that day?

It's complicated honeysuckle. Don't sweat it. Weigh again in a week and it will be gone, I promise. Keep up the good habits.