Exercise Calories

Options
brownju
brownju Posts: 24 Member
So how many of you eat the calories that get added from exercising? What are the pros? Cons?

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    There must be more threads about this than about any other single subject discussed on MFP. Use the search function.
  • bbbsmama
    bbbsmama Posts: 96
    Options
    I don't. I exercise in the evenings (5-7pm) & I don't eat after 7pm.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    So how many of you eat the calories that get added from exercising? What are the pros? Cons?

I do. You need to fuel your body in order for it to metabolize and burn the fat. See groups Eat More 2 Weigh Less and Fuel The Machine for more info.
  • brownju
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate the info and will read that up!
  • brownju
    Options
    There must be more threads about this than about any other single subject discussed on MFP. Use the search function.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I partially do. I try to eat specifically before and after working out to provide fuel for my muscles and the recovery nutrients. But I'm working to maintain my weight, or maybe even gain pounds in the form of muscle. If you're looking to lose weight your mileage may vary, although eating a bit of protein post-workout still seems wise since it helps build muscle and muscle is always helpful burning more fat.
  • brownju
    Options
    How THOUGHTFUL of you to reply just to be a jerk-off! Bite me! MFP needs less of your kind around, I joined MFP because I heard of all the supportive people; CLEARLY you are not one of them....

This is for "Rilike"

I clearly don't know how to reply to just one quote :)....but I wanted you all to know it is not at you...just the 1.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    brownju, just look for the quote button under the person's post. :smile:

I try to eat every last calorie I'm allowed AND I also exercise at night and eat most of my calories the couple hours up until bedtime which is around midnight (just to debunk that myth too).

Oooooo also, I don't think Riike was completely wrong about the search function. There are a few subjects that come up a lot but I've also found the searches that come up when using the search function come up out of post date order....it's all a jumble...and it bugs me.

ALSO also, people shouldn't click on links they know are gonna piss them off (if, in fact, Riike *was* being mean....you can never really tell online)...I mean, what's the point?
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    There is always someone that is offensive. I was called an idiot the other day. Back to your question. I eat back most of my calories burned. Depends on my mood.My daily intake is 1290 and that is really hard for me to do unless I exercise to bump it up.
  • Rilke
    Options
    How THOUGHTFUL of you to reply just to be a jerk-off! Bite me! MFP needs less of your kind around, I joined MFP because I heard of all the supportive people; CLEARLY you are not one of them....

This is for "Rilike"

I clearly don't know how to reply to just one quote :)....but I wanted you all to know it is not at you...just the 1.

Oh my, calm down. I don't believe I was a "jerk off"; I did not call you names or insinuate that you did anything wrong. I posted information and some advice.

Nevertheless, I will bite you if that's what blows your skirt up.
  • Rilke
    Options
    brownju, just look for the quote button under the person's post. :smile:

I try to eat every last calorie I'm allowed AND I also exercise at night and eat most of my calories the couple hours up until bedtime which is around midnight (just to debunk that myth too).

Oooooo also, I don't think Riike was completely wrong about the search function. There are a few subjects that come up a lot but I've also found the searches that come up when using the search function come up out of post date order....it's all a jumble...and it bugs me.

ALSO also, people shouldn't click on links they know are gonna piss them off (if, in fact, Riike *was* being mean....you can never really tell online)...I mean, what's the point?

Thank you for the benefit of the doubt. If I wanted to be mean, I would have been mean. ;)
  • 13pointUNO
    13pointUNO Posts: 51
    Options
    the interweb is serious business. tread lightly. or eff the haters. :wink: