Believing in Fibit????

Options
Well, Do you. And also pros and cons

Replies

• nsmith6325
    nsmith6325 Posts: 41
    Options
    Use it all every day for daily activity but I utilize a hrm for cardio workouts as it is more accurate. When I enter the details into MFP it cancels out that activity for the same time from Fitbit so it is not counted twice (you enter the time and duration of your work out). I have lost more than 40 lbs utilizing both MFP and Fitbit so I would say I do believe.
  • mnharrington
    mnharrington Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I totally believe in my Fitbit. I use it daily to track my basic daily activity levels and use a heart rate monitor for workouts. Since my activity levels can vary greatly from day to day it has really helped by adjust my calorie intake each day to stay in sync with what I have actually burned. So far I have lost 31 pounds this way.
  • cgrigz
    cgrigz Posts: 101
    Options
    so yall believe its calculations and adjustments?
  • Wezlfuss
    Wezlfuss Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump, also interested in responses.
  • melonclarinet
    melonclarinet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Love mine. I was stalled in my weight loss and went and bought a FitBit. I started eating what it was telling me to and my stall ended. I bought a good HRM today and the calories were very close to each other after I did my cardio. I'm about to do 30 day shred and find out how close the numbers are.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    so yall believe its calculations and adjustments?

I've lost about 45 lbs. with it's calcs in the past few years. It seems accurate for me. I don't do the MFP plan, just work with Fitbit numbers. It doesn't track resistance, cycling, yoga, stuff like that. You can log it manually.

Its 'adjustment' is just an MFP thing. If MFP estimates your BMR x activity factor at say 2000 and your Fitbit is estimating you to burn 2050 for the day, MFP gives you a 50 calorie 'Fitbit adjustment' for burning more than you told it you would.
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just got one for my birthday (about a week ago) and so far I really like it. I always thought I was pretty active throughout the day (besides my workout times) because I rarely stay in the same room for a long time - I have to walk around a lot. However it makes me realize that I need quite a bit more activity to reach that 10,000 step goal. I also really like it because as opposed to MFP, it gives me a budget of how many calories I've burned that day whereas MFP just gives me how many I can eat in a day. It gives me a more accurate picture of what my calorie defect is when I'm trying to lose weight. And from what I can tell it's pretty accurate, although for some reason when I put it on first thing in the morning for some reason it already has 30 or 40 steps added.
  • mmwien
    mmwien Posts: 7
    Options
    I've only had mine 2 weeks but I really like it so far. It's shown me that I really don't tend to be as active as I thought I was, and now that I'm making more of an effort, that's reflected, too. But for me personally, the thing I like most is the sleep tracker. I've been reading in various places about how sleep is so important if you want to lose weight, but I thought I was getting 7.5-8 hours of sleep a night so didn't realize it was a problem for me until the Fitbit shows I'm only getting about 6-6.5 due to waking up 20 times each night. Anyway, although it's only been 2 weeks I'd say I'm leaning towards "true believer." :smile: