Thats it! I'm building an ark.

Options
Jain
Jain Posts: 861 Member
My town flooded 2 weeks ago today. The flood sirens have gone off up the valley this morning. Town is still in a huge mess and lots of the small independant shops are still trying to clean up. If we get flooded again.................................

Replies

• SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    We are just the opposite. So very dry. the rain keeps going right around us. I think the only think that is saving my lawn is the humidity. Hope things dry out for you and soggy up for me.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Wanna swap?
  • rose_ruby
    rose_ruby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i am so sick of the rain.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    maybe we can get a pipeline from you to me?
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    We are just the opposite. So very dry. the rain keeps going right around us. I think the only think that is saving my lawn is the humidity. Hope things dry out for you and soggy up for me.

Same here. We are on a burn ban. Several wildfires have broken out. People's homes have been lost. We need the RAIN.

OP: Hope things get better for you there!
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to send some rain your way. I've had enough! Wettest May on record, followed by the wettest June on record, and so far it's rained 5 of the 6 days of July. :mad:
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of the rain too!!!! :mad:
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Rained non-stop here too....Would love some sunshine :-(
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Rain? What is that?

Oh...that stuff that falls from the sky and hydrates the earth.Yeah, we haven't seen that in a long time. It will soon be a legend to tell our grandchildren.
  • thegeordielass
    thegeordielass Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If anyone would like some we've got plenty going spare over here!
    At the start of the year half the country was expecting a drought but now all the reservoirs are full. We had severe floods last week because of unusually bad storms (my city was flooded in the centre which I've never seen flooded before and many of the surrounding roads were underwater, the public transport etc flooded!) and there's all sorts of flood warnings out for this afternoon as well. I think over 3 months worth of rain in just over 1 is taking the 'it always rains in England' stereotype a bit far.
    I'm so pleased I live at the top of the hill not the bottom!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    This is following a hosepipe ban because of the 'drought' England is suffering.
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My town flooded 2 weeks ago today. The flood sirens have gone off up the valley this morning. Town is still in a huge mess and lots of the small independant shops are still trying to clean up. If we get flooded again.................................

Hebdon Bridge then.... Saw all that on the news that looked SO scary.... Cant imagine. Looked like the Boscastle flood...

Hope you're all OK its been on the radio all day. My OH is in Glossop, gone up on his motorbike visiting family he's supposed to come home tomorrow, but the Woodhead pass is closed so we'll have to see....

And to all those having wildfires? Thats been on the news here too, I hope you're all safe xx

Crazee weather!
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    This is following a hosepipe ban because of the 'drought' England is suffering.

I know hilarious!! They put the ban on on April 5th in my region. Then it started raining and didnt stop...

News said 'Wettest June on Record' Really? I didnt notice....
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

I'm just up the road in Smithy Bridge and it hasn't stopped all day :( I should be thankful I live on a hill at least! Hope you're doing ok! x
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I'll be building a mini ark in London.