Aqua Aerobics?

Options
My friend and I just signed up for a six-week aqua aerobics class at our local community center. I'm just curious if anyone else has used aqua aerobics as an exercise option and what you thought of it?

Replies

• pipistrellus
    Options
    I have a knee injury and do 2 classes per week and because it's so gentle on my joints.

How worthwhile you'll find Aqua really depends on the instructor/intensity and how hard you push yourself. Personally, I love it - I push really hard, every time and my arms have never looked better. One of my instructors really focusses on upper body using weights. It's a great workout and quite strenuous.
  • LazyHairyBear
    LazyHairyBear Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey with Aqua Aerobics and I found it a fun way to exercise and it really worked for me the first few weeks building some stamina to finish it as well as. Like pipstrellus said above it is all in how hard you push yourself for how much you get out of it.

I felt the benefits within only a few weeksy, especially in my arms. I am sure you won't regret giving it a try.