Thanksgiving Really messed Me Up

So... I tried to be good... And I was... At first.

I even counted my calories before I went to the families to eat.

Then... my husband comes home from work on Friday with a bunch of left overs from his moms (including pie).

I tried my hardest to leave all of the food alone, but I gave in. Now I feel super guilty. Plus tomorrow is my weekly weigh in & I am super afraid to even weigh myself.

Did anyone else run into this & if so how do you feel about it?

Replies

• mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    I did fairly well for Thanksgiving this year. I only ate one plate full and I tried to make half of that salad and turkey. I even skipped the pie. What got me was Friday, Saturday and today... no left overs, but I have not been sticking with my calories like I should. My weigh in day is Tuesday, so I'm going to hit the gym and hope for the best. I did get in one bike ride this weekend though.
  • talrcat
    talrcat Posts: 97 Member
    Me too. I overate 2 days in a row. I don't like it, but it is in the past and it has no bearing on my choices in the future. Even people that are at ideal weight overeat now and then. Let's make a deal.... If you don't beat me up for overeating, then I won't either. And visa-versa!
    Here's to making wiser choices moving forward!
    tami
  • osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Just go and stand on those scales. You messed up, but tomorrow is another day. Look at why you made the choices you did and try and work out why, then try to avoid making them again :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Do your weigh in, and accept the little bit of damage that may have been done, or skip it this week, and use next week's weigh-in as your motivation to get back on track. :)
  • yep, big time. but thanksgiving weekend is over and i can start my grueling workout schedule tomorrow. also helps that i live alone
  • It's Thanksgiving...Same as Christmas...it's one day in your life. Don't beat yourself up...enjoy your family, count your blessings, and try to keep moving forward!

232371.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Just because you messed up does not mean to give up. Learn from your mistake and think of different ways to get through the next time that you feel like giving in. People gain more weight when they screw up and don't diet for a while than people who eat unhealthy and are not dieting. Get right back up and continue right now! Don't wait for tomorrow or next week get back up now. Good luck.
  • Me too. I overate 2 days in a row. I don't like it, but it is in the past and it has no bearing on my choices in the future. Even people that are at ideal weight overeat now and then. Let's make a deal.... If you don't beat me up for overeating, then I won't either. And visa-versa!
    Here's to making wiser choices moving forward!
    tami

Sounds like a deal to me :happy:
  • Thanks everyone. You all made me feel so much better. I am going to weigh myself tomorrow & just face the music :smile:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    I messed up big time! But I made sure to exercise everday (Thurs,Fri,Sat) and only gave myself Sunday off. I haven't weighed in and I'll wait until Saturday when I resume my water intake and start eating healthy again. That way I don't get discouraged.