Watermelon and weight gain????

Options
gwenmf
gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
Ok so watermelon is not my friend~! Am I the only person who can gain weight by eating watermelon??? I weighed this morning.......not my normal day so I didn't log........BUT, I'm up 1+.....grrrr......and I've been staying under my calorie range........Plus, I have the fit bit now and it allows more calories than MFP which I don't understand.........anyone??

Replies

• RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    sugar = water retention

don't sweat it.... you will pee it out in no time. :)
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    sugar = water retention

don't sweat it.... you will pee it out in no time. :)

this.

Plus, a pint of water weighs over a lb, drink a pint of water and you are lb heavier, this is not real weight gain.

Worrying about such tiny fluctuations will only drive you insane eventually, if overall you are losing weight...all is well.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Ok so watermelon is not my friend~! Am I the only person who can gain weight by eating watermelon??? I weighed this morning.......not my normal day so I didn't log........BUT, I'm up 1+.....grrrr......and I've been staying under my calorie range........Plus, I have the fit bit now and it allows more calories than MFP which I don't understand.........anyone??

Your fit bit will show your daily expenditure including exercise,

MFP does not include exercise, so you would add exercise calories on top of the MFP allowance..
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I would check your sodium content of food before watermellon. I eat watermellon all the time.
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I dont think the scale automatically reflects what you did the day before ....
    Same as if you change your diet and eat better it might take a week or two for your body to react

I decided to stop looking at the scale everyday, it drives me nuts!

But ni, watermelon does not make you gain!!!!!!
  • Jenvan78
    Jenvan78 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's just water. You have to eat 3500 more calories than you burn to gain a lb of fat.
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    I so understand! But it is the water.