Showering as exercise

Options
Emancipated_Tai
Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
Do you not shower often, so you decide to log it when you do? Or was it a vigorous scrubbing of some sort that caused you to burn more calories as usual?

Inquiring minds want to know! :noway:

Replies

• Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Pray to god you log that.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    Maybe it was a "group" shower. If you know what I mean?
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Nope, I shower pretty regularly and do not log it as it is just something you have to do.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Options
    Maybe it was a "group" shower. If you know what I mean?

This could explain a lot!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    You can burn a lot of calories in the shower...
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    um . . . showers ain't just for washing . . . ya know?
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Would someone pass the soap, please? Or drop it? Ah, hell. I'll drop it.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    MFP does have sexual activity, and I use to log that a lot, back when I had a girlfriend. It would be embarrasing to log it now, since I don't. LOL. Anyways, I know some people that use code names for sexual activity, instead of "Sexual Activity", they just log it as "gardening" or something. They know, but know one else knows. :)
  • LazyHairyBear
    LazyHairyBear Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I always log showering as exercise, but then again I shower by roller blading naked through the sprinklers in my local park shampooing and scrubbing as I go, not to mention the calories burned from running from the Police officers sent to arrest me for flashing.

Always a good burn.
  • SamanthaD23
    SamanthaD23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Gardening! LOL!! I have a lot of "weeds that want pulling" !!
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    There are a certain number of estimated calories burned in a day that don't need to be individually logged; how many depends on what you selected for the activity level in your fitness profile. As I have a desk job, I list mine as Sedentary, which I believe estimates an extra 25% over your BMR as your calorie burn before exercise.

Just log your workouts and very strenuous activities. If you spend an hour or two doing yard work or something, that's probably worth logging as light cardio, but anything less than that should just be covered by your daily activity estimate.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Options
    I always log showering as exercise, but then again I shower by roller blading naked through the sprinklers in my local park shampooing and scrubbing as I go, not to mention the calories burned from running from the Police officers sent to arrest me for flashing.

Always a good burn.

LMAO!!! I must try this!
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    IT could be used if you take a freezing cold shower, as that does burn some calories as your body has to work hard to get your core temp back up to normal.

I take a 45-50 degree cold shower every morning for 10-15min.
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options

Always a good burn.

This sounds like fun exercise! I must try this! :blushing:
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    On the line of logging a 'group' shower... I log bedroom aerobics myself.

On a serious note... whenever I clean the shower, I take a shower while I'm at it, and sometimes that is a 30 minute tile scrubbing session. Or, the person just wanted to not feel bad about going over calories so they logged something stupid.
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Always a good burn.

Best laugh of the morning. Thanks!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    ROTFL!!!

Hey my hair is over 3 1/2 feet long, and it's very thick, and it takes me at least 20 minutes to wash it, and I have to be vigorous to work the shampoo through all that hair. Since I only wash it once a week should I log it?

LOL I'm just kidding around but now I'm really starting to wonder how many calories I burn washing my hair...

3246931919_d4f5ea36a6_n.jpg
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options

Always a good burn.

You are my hero.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    rubberduckie1970.jpg
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    A GOOD shower is exercise.