Derby Girls

Options
One of my major motivators on this 'journey' is to be able to be fit enough to join a derby team around town. Luckily, I'm in Austin so I'm in the heart of it. :) What I'm asking is for anyone who's in or who has skated in Derby to friend me so I can have a constant additional source of motivation for this aspect of my weight loss and fitness.

Any takers?

Replies

• raindance_maggie
    Options
    i wish i wasnt so intimidated. my girlfriend is a team captain so i know she'd hook me up if not in her team in one of the many others in my area...i hate that im so insecure. good luck girl!
  • PineappleMartini
    PineappleMartini Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm a retired derby girl and I can tell you - go ahead and try now! Don't wait! :)
  • AmyParker979
    AmyParker979 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i wish i wasnt so intimidated. my girlfriend is a team captain so i know she'd hook me up if not in her team in one of the many others in my area...i hate that im so insecure. good luck girl!

Are you afraid of getting hurt or not fitting in? I think you'd be awesome! You have the attitude!
  • AmyParker979
    Options
    I'm a retired derby girl and I can tell you - go ahead and try now! Don't wait! :)

It's not my size and I'm definitely not afraid of getting hurt - but I feel I need to work on my endurance and strength (on and off skates) - and really learning the game.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    We have one in town and I reeeeeeallllly want to join once I'm finally done with school. I'm just not sure I want to because I've realized every time I've auditioned or tried out for something I've never been picked, so I'm really apprehensive. Maybe I just need a push in the right direction?
  • angjindra
    angjindra Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    We are doing the Dirty Girls Mud Run in Sept!!!!! Cant wait!
  • AmyParker979
    Options
    We have one in town and I reeeeeeallllly want to join once I'm finally done with school. I'm just not sure I want to because I've realized every time I've auditioned or tried out for something I've never been picked, so I'm really apprehensive. Maybe I just need a push in the right direction?

PUSH!! :)
  • PineappleMartini
    PineappleMartini Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Seriously - push! :) Almost no one is turned away unless you just don't even TRY to participate. Start looking into it now and building up your skills and when you *think* you might be ready to try we'll give you a push to go do it! :)