Newbie here

Options
Hi guys and gals,

My name is Nick, from England, and I'm a newbie to myfitnesspal. I recently decided to start tracking my calories, not just for dieting but as part of a new, better, healthier lifestyle. I have lost 31lbs so far this year and aim to lose another 114lbs, though this may change depending on muscle growth.

The weight I've lost so far was by sticking to 'Slimming World', which I found too difficult as food seemed too restrictive. Now I can eat a few bits of junk food, let's say a Mars Bar, and be happy in the knowledge as long as I don't eat too much junk, stick within my calorie allowance and do some exercise, that the weight will fall right off. I've lost 3lbs this week with calorie counting.

As you can see by the figures, I'm very overweight and need to get my overall lifestyle in to shape, not just lose this weight. I joined the gym yesterday and went the same day, plan on going 3 or 4 times a week and burn 1500 to 2000 calories.

So yeah, that's about it. Look forward to joining in discussions here and losing a looooooot of weight.

Nick.

Replies

• MaverickUK2K
    Options
    Feel free to add me btw, I'm rather lonely with just 1 friend!
  • sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome..feel free to add me :)
  • tgianino
    tgianino Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me!
  • rachellem86
    rachellem86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! There are lots of supportive people on here who help you stay on track... it can be a very useful tool!

Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • tomjinca
    tomjinca Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nick - please add me! It's great to see a fellow "man" on this web site. I've lost 10 and have another 10 to go. The site works wonderfully in the browser as well as on my iphone. If you have a smartphone, you can probably get it on there.

Best of Luck,

Tom