Did anyone gain over Thanksgiving?

Options
Just wanted to share!! I gained 4.6 lbs over the last month:grumble: , three of them last week alone! So much for trying to maintain on my own without MFP. I am happy though that I got an elliptical as an early Xmas present and OMG that thing kicked my butt this morning..SOO...I am back on the wagon and excited to lose that weight in the next couple of weeks.

I refuse to be depressed since I have lost 28lbs this year and have managed to keep it all off until now, I know that I will be back to my 123lbs in no time if I get back on track.

I plan on indulging over Xmas dinner and am sure will be OK at the end...Did anyone gain over Thanksgiving?

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    nope!! Only gained 1/2 pound and that's already gone, plus another half-- woooo hoooooooooo--
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    yup 3 lbs!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Nope, lost a little this week actually. We've had a pretty intense week!

I'll let Mariettarose spill the beans. :smile:
  • vassilysmommy
    Options
    Hello. It may just be water weight. Give it a few weeks and see because the typical Thanksgiving dinner is packed with carbs.
  • klybarger
    Options
    Very proud to say I lost 1/2 lb - which shocked me because in addition to Thanksgiving, mother nature surprised me with TOM! : { Could not stop munching to save my life!
  • whtflds
    whtflds Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Gained 4 pounds over the past three weeks and Thanksgiving added another two...I have been doing so well for a year now don't know why I am loosing my strength now. It's a full time job keeping my weight down feeling a little tired of the battle.
  • bozemansa
    Options
    I probably gained 3-4 pounds. Don't be hard on yourself. Today is a new day. I'm back on track as of yesterday.
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yep, about 4.5 lbs!!! Back on the wagon this morning!
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    Yeah, I put on a couple. But, I don't think it's truly weight gain. I think it's mostly water weight. And, if it's not I'm sure I can get a grip on it soon enough. <--Me, staying positive. ;)
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Nope, stayed within mt calories on Thanksgiving and lost .9 lbs this week!
  • size6Jessi
    Options
    nope, becuase i was sick with the flu! LOL, bitter sweet!
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 pounds over the past week. It was textbook for me - not working out + eating a ton of high-fat, super rich, sodium filled food = 5 pound weight gain! A few pounds is probably water weight, because I feel totally bloated, but it's okay. Today is a new day and today I get to make a decision to get back on track, which I did. I'm working really hard to not be so tough on myself and just let it go. I'll lose it pretty fast and then continue on! :glasses:

142000.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jazzyjules2004
    jazzyjules2004 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Nope, maintained. I agree with fellow bloggers that it's probably water from all the salt (Honeybaked Ham mmmm:laugh: ). And throughout the rest of the weekend, I ate other things that I shouldn't have. But I'm not beating myself up about it. Such is life. I'm gonna lace up today and start a new week and so should you!!

Good luck!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Nope. I lost a pound. I had a game plan for Thanksgiving, and pretty much stuck to it. Most of our leftovers got sent home with friends and family.
  • mscocoa30
    mscocoa30 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    What the??? I LOST 2.6 pounds...SMH, I don't even know why....LOL
  • Slim115
    Options
    hi, i didn't gain an ounce! Thank the Lord!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I say we need to rethink this: gaining weight over Thanksgiving, stressing about it...and then planning to do the same thing at Christmas. It's time to change old habits, and stop making excuses to over-indulge...right? :tongue:

For those of you who stuck within your calorie limits- way to go!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Yep. Scale showed up 7 pounds since after I left for Thanksgiving!!!!!! I was with family for four days, no excersize ate the crap they had but kept small portions.... very dicouraging :(:( I am hoping once I get back on my schedule and rhythm, a few of those will come off as water etc. weight...
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I did. Either way, I am feeling rather mushy. I haven't been feeling good so I didnt work out any last week. DH and I went to the gym Saturday... problem is... my feet are miserable. I am 23 and have really painful foot problems, it hurts even just to walk. I am going to push through it today and do my 45 minute cardio routine, then I want to do a little lifting too.
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    Yep, I sure did! I gained about 3-4 lbs. just over Thanksgiving alone! I pigged out like I wouldn't eat ever again! But, I kept giving myself the excuse of, "well, you weren't able to make it back to the States for Thanksgiving or Christmas, so you have every right to pig out!" Which only led to weight-gain, but fortunately, I've lost it all plus a couple more pounds! I'm back to hitting the gym and watching what I eat. Thanksgiving dinner has lots of carbs and salt, so I figured a lot of it was due to that! Keep up the good work and don't beat yourself up over it. It's okay to do it every once in a while. :smile: