Mother's Day

Options
May 11th is Mother's Day and I am dreading it. I lost my mom to cancer a little over 6 years ago (November 4th, 2002). She only lived for three weeks after being diagnosed as terminal. I was 2 months pregnant at the time, and I didn't tell her :frown: . I don't look forward to Mother's Day as much as I should because my mom isn't there anymore and it sucks....I mean I look forward to it because of my kids, but it always seems like someone is missing:cry:

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    May 11th is Mother's Day and I am dreading it. I lost my mom to cancer a little over 6 years ago (November 4th, 2002). She only lived for three weeks after being diagnosed as terminal. I was 2 months pregnant at the time, and I didn't tell her :frown: . I don't look forward to Mother's Day as much as I should because my mom isn't there anymore and it sucks....I mean I look forward to it because of my kids, but it always seems like someone is missing:cry:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry :cry: :cry: ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey GTO! I totally understand where you are coming from. My mother died in 2000. She had Lupus but had been in remission for years (since I was born) and I guess it flared up again and she died of pneumonia with complications from Lupus. She didn't even know how sick she was and I lived in CT while she was in Oregon at the time. I talked to her the night she died and as usual she downplayed any illness she had and said "Ohh, I have this bad flu going around. I don't know how I am going to go to work tomorrow'......and she died late on Feb 13 (I found out on Valentine's Day).

So, yes...I love being a mother to my son and celebrating that but it is a rough month for me too...especially since her birthday is the 23rd as well.

Hang in there!!

HUG!!
    Tami
  • sitarami
    sitarami Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    big hugs to you....it hurts just to hear your story. :brokenheart:
    Lots of love to you!!!! :heart:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Mega hugs to you & Tamim! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Both stories are heartbreaking - I'm so sorry for both of you...
    :brokenheart: :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh you guys!!!!!!!!:brokenheart: I'm so sorry!!!! sending hugs your way and I know both of your mom's will always be w/ you on that day and everyday!!! it doesn't help when you miss them so much....but they're there!!! I know it! :heart:

hugs and I'm thinking of you both!
    Ali