Back Fat

Options
zsaoosh
zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
I am 5'6.5'' and 132 but still have back fat. I lift and do cardio but nothing I am doing is helping. I need it gone in 3 months for my wedding. Any suggestions?

Replies

• DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    Any personal trainer will tell you there is no such thing as spot training! ;) Also, 5'6.5" and 132?? I would be malnourished at that weight (but I also have "childbearing hips," as they say, so my 5'6" frame can take a little more poundage). Can you take a picture? Because maybe what you consider 'back fat' the rest of us consider 'skin' haha =) A second opinion is always good! More good news: 3 months is plenty of time to tone up. =)
  • zsaoosh
    Options
    Trust me, the lady putting on my dress said "oh you have a little back butt". No matter what it is, I need it gone LOL Maybe I can gain muscle back that but I have been trying.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I hate back fat! I have it when I wear a bra, and it grosses me out. Anyways, CARDIO!!!! Burn that fat girl, it will come off!!!!
  • Lar349
    Lar349 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Have u had kids? Back fat/more skin is a gift they leave behind xxxxxx
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" & 138lbs - my back fat finally left me when I started running. Not sure how much cardio you're doing or what type, and understanding that we're all different and you may lose differently, but somewhere in the midst of the c25k program, even my hubby noticed that my back fat was gone. :bigsmile: Still working on getting my total body fat percentage down, and fat loooooves to camp out on my tummy, so I'm sure it will be the last to go.

Otherwise, eat well, keep it up with the cardio and lifting - are you lifting heavy? I have lots of friends and see testimonies here all the time about gals getting into the gym and lifting the big stuff (wish I had a gym membership or room for home weights), and it really seems to help with burning the fat off, in addition to some cardio.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Trust me, the lady putting on my dress said "oh you have a little back butt". No matter what it is, I need it gone LOL Maybe I can gain muscle back that but I have been trying.

where's her customer service ? :noway: ... how rude
  • zsaoosh
    Options
    Yes I have had a child and I do lift heavy but I dont know how to lift for my back. ALOT has come off and you dont notice too much now unless I am in something really tight, which my dress is. Thank you ladies!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

Get a bigger dress.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I noticed that since I started running mine has reduced significantly. Definately an unexpected, but welcome, side effect! :)
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    Jillian micheals 30 day shred, instanty and ab machines at the gym are working for me:)
  • nymami
    nymami Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    have you tried bent over rows when you are lifting?
  • zsaoosh
    Options

Get a bigger dress.

A bigger dress wouldnt fit me everywhere else. They had to order me the smaller size.
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options

where's her customer service ? :noway: ... how rude

Yes, that customer service sounds awful, I'd be like WTF to the person helping me and telling her that was inappropriate. You don't say that when your working somewhere. It's unprofessional.
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Yes I have had a child and I do lift heavy but I dont know how to lift for my back. ALOT has come off and you dont notice too much now unless I am in something really tight, which my dress is. Thank you ladies!

Depending on where your back fat falls and how the dress fits it might be impossible to eliminate this. As a person who also is battling the back bulge I notice this feature on pretty much everyone. I saw it on my cousin who just got married and she is a TWIG. Talking size -1 here and she had a little with her dress. Don't worry too much about it and tell the woman who is fitting you into her dress that she needs to zip it! How rude.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of push ups, pulls up, and variations of such a month before my wedding and I had no back fat what so ever! Try some strength training and tone up your back, it surely helped me! No "back butt" or that weird muffin top thing that happens in "too tight" strapless dresses either.

Good luck!

[Edit] I was 132 at my wedding as well, but I'm only 5'1!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options

Get a bigger dress.

This, if your dress is too tight across the back this will pull your skin together and cause a crease. Properly fitted dresses shouldn't do this. Try some different sizes or different styled backs perhaps.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    What helped ME was using resistance bands, the king you can trap in the door. Use heavy resistance. This helped out my lats. My husband is amazed how much backfat has disappeared.

Good luck and congratts on the wedding :D
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I don't have a significant amount of back fat, but I have side bra fat that dissipates to the back. The only thing that has helped: running.
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Honey, it might really just be skin...reason I say this is, I was fretting over my own little rolls that I could see around my sports bra in my gym t-shirt. Then I just happened to watch one of our trainers at the gym....she's about 5'8, and I would guess 120 soaking wet. She's an ULTRA-marathoner, so she's in super shape. And you know what? I could see little folds on her too! Do your strength training, but don't beat yourself up about it!