AMAZING AMAZONS! - New Group for Tall Ladies :)

Options
2»

Replies

• blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Question:

On one of my workout dvds the instructor said something about taller people having more difficulty doing certain exercises...in particular ab exercises because our muscles are longer.......

I know my abs/core strength is terrible......

Do you think there's any truth to what she said? Anyone else struggle with their abs? Or am I just looking for an excuses for my pathetic ab workouts? :tongue:

31345.png

Summer 2009 WILL Be Different!

[/url]
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Question:

On one of my workout dvds the instructor said something about taller people having more difficulty doing certain exercises...in particular ab exercises because our muscles are longer.......

Do you think there's any truth to what she said? Anyone else struggle with their abs? Or am I just looking for an excuses for my pathetic ab workouts? :tongue:

31345.png

[/url]

I found this ab work out on Self.com: http://www.self.com/fitness/workouts/2005/12/hand-weights-and-stability-ball-abs-slideshow

I love it! I do it in the morning before work. It may look lame but the first exercise is REALLY good. I've never had trouble getting my abs toned but I favor strength training with free weights and stability balls which really helps stengthen them. Now, just to be clear, my abs are toned under a nice layer of fat and before I started training without machines, I had pathetic abs too because CRUNCHES ARE LAME!!!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hi Amazon friends,
    I was once again derailed over the weekend by that TOM :grumble: and a visit to my mom's house but tomorrow morning I'm getting back in the healthy eating routine. Hope you are all having a good week!!
    :happy:
  • blueyed_blond
    Options
    Question:

31345.png

[/url]

I found this ab work out on Self.com: http://www.self.com/fitness/workouts/2005/12/hand-weights-and-stability-ball-abs-slideshow

I love it! I do it in the morning before work. It may look lame but the first exercise is REALLY good. I've never had trouble getting my abs toned but I favor strength training with free weights and stability balls which really helps stengthen them. Now, just to be clear, my abs are toned under a nice layer of fat and before I started training without machines, I had pathetic abs too because CRUNCHES ARE LAME!!!

Thanks for the link!....I don't have enough room for a ball :cry: Some of those look TOUGH!

Maybe I should get a ball anyways and use it for guest seating :smile:
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I gotta get in on this group. I'm 5'10". Came from a very tall family...uncle's who were 6'7", a second female cousin who was 6' at age 13....and it all seemed very normal. We always teased my older sister for being so short....she's 5'7" :laugh: :laugh: I never thought I was tall till I went to college and suddenly everyone there was short...except the athletes. All my highschool girlfriends were at least as tall as me.....must have been something in the water. I'm just grateful I found a guy to marry me who's much taller...he's 6'4". Jeesh, could you imagine if we had kids! :noway:

Anyway, the ab's question....no idea if it's true, but I'm going to choose it is since it's the weakest part of my body, and that's a good excuse.

Take care everyone! Amazons UNITE!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I started a new thread for June.....I'll bump it up :wink:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    n/m I'll post to other thread...
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Hello all, I am not quite as tall as you guys...but I am 5'9 and currently weigh 158...tryin to get down to 145! Compared to all my friends though I am the green giant!
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!

I've kinda already reached my goal weight (can't stop lurking on this site though:laugh: ) by doing P90X, but any additional I lose is just icing on the cake I guess. (save your "healthy" comments for somewhere else, please, as I am very much in tune with my body and what my ideal weight is for my frame :happy: )

Height: 5'11"
    Weight before P90X: 150
    Current Weight: 140

Remember ladies: You can always buy bigger boobs, but you can't buy longer legs!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • ntminter
    ntminter Posts: 10
    Options
    Gosh, I am new and I hope I am doing this right....
    5'9"
    233 lbs (never weighed this much...EVER)
    Goal - 170

I am not only tall, but I have large bone structure. I will never be a size 8 comfortably. I am extremely depressed by my weight and I am ready to fight for my health which begins with losing weight. My calorie suggestion was 1460 and I am not afraid to work out, I will not run right now but I will treadmill and eliptical myself into next week, I also LOVE yoga, done right it really builds core strength and muscle...
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options

Hi there fellow tall ladies!!!! :flowerforyou: It's so great to have support and get advice from other women with similar body types. We've started a new thread for June (above) so make sure to find us there!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join!? I'd love to take part :smile:

Height:5'10"
    CW: 155
    Short term GW: 150
    Ultimate GW: 140

I go to the gym 3-5 days a week, depending on what's happenning. I'm pretty active outside the gym thoguh, I walk everywhere because I don't have a car, I ride my bike when I'm not walking, and I like to lift weights/do resistance training while I'm being a couch potato :laugh: . Right now I've bumped down my goal to 150 and I'm focusing more on toning my body.

Best of luck you tall, tall ladies!
  • bknblue
    bknblue Posts: 2
    Options
    Newbie here as well...

Height: 5'10
    GW: 140

Working now on the ellpitcal 3 days a week, the stability ball and I just got a new Biggest Loser's Boot Camp DVD (can't wait to try that out).

Have always been the tallest out of all my friends, and thank god met my husband who is 6'4. Kinda feel bad for our daughter, cause we already know she's gonna be tall :happy:
  • blueyed_blond
    Options
    Is it too late to join!? I'd love to take part :smile:

Height:5'10"
    Short term GW: 150
    Ultimate GW: 140

I go to the gym 3-5 days a week, depending on what's happenning. I'm pretty active outside the gym thoguh, I walk everywhere because I don't have a car, I ride my bike when I'm not walking, and I like to lift weights/do resistance training while I'm being a couch potato :laugh: . Right now I've bumped down my goal to 150 and I'm focusing more on toning my body.

Best of luck you tall, tall ladies!

Welcome! Me and you have very similar goals! I'm debating if 150 is a more realistic goal for me too...

We've moved over to a "June Thread"...come find us!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/55461-june-amazing-amazon-thread
  • blueyed_blond
    Options
    Newbie here as well...

Height: 5'10
    GW: 140

Working now on the ellpitcal 3 days a week, the stability ball and I just got a new Biggest Loser's Boot Camp DVD (can't wait to try that out).

Have always been the tallest out of all my friends, and thank god met my husband who is 6'4. Kinda feel bad for our daughter, cause we already know she's gonna be tall :happy:

Hi! Welcome! We just moved over to a new thread for June!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/55461-june-amazing-amazon-thread

Come join us :flowerforyou:
  • DARTHDOUGY
    DARTHDOUGY Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to give all of you tall ladies a vote of support! I think you are the right height, and everyone else it too short ;)

Good luck on your routines...feel free to add me as a friend if you need some encouragement. I just started using the website about a week ago, and am excited.

:)
  • Mirja123
    Mirja123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of new to My Fitness Pal...well to seeking help on the app anyway. I'm 36 and currently looking for help to get down to my pre pregnancy weight of around 175lbs or less. I want to be fit and healthy. I'm 215lbs now and 6 feet tall. Working full time, running a house hold and caring for a toddler leaves me exhausted but I need to do something! Any advice as to where to start?