Replies

• marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Wear a longer veil?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Trust me, the lady putting on my dress said "oh you have a little back butt". No matter what it is, I need it gone LOL Maybe I can gain muscle back that but I have been trying.

Get a bigger dress.

A bigger dress wouldnt fit me everywhere else. They had to order me the smaller size.

Why don't get the bigger dress and then have them take it in where needed?
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same issue! (5'7, 136) What worked for me is mixing running with Body Pump twice a week. Now, my back is one of my most muscular areas and I love it. If you don't have access to Body Pump classes, the back track is basically lots of bent rows, dead lifts (though that's a hamstring exercise) and clean and press. I'd go for trying to build muscle rather than shed fat. That will firm up what's under the skin and also burn fat while you're at rest.

At the end of the day, though, please remember that you will be BEAUTIFUL on your wedding day no matter what. Nothing makes a gal look more amazing than being completely happy and having fun!
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    How about trying to do some pullups? Maybe they will help! ☺
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Bent over rows, JM 30 day shred suuuuuper helped my back. Congrats on your wedding and good luck!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred has really worked to get rid of my back fat. I just wish I'd discovered it before my wedding last August!! :)
  • esneer1
    esneer1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Trust me, the lady putting on my dress said "oh you have a little back butt". No matter what it is, I need it gone LOL Maybe I can gain muscle back that but I have been trying.

Wow... this woman needs to be punched in the face... several times!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options

Wow... this woman needs to be punched in the face... several times!

yes and we'll all hold her down for you! :smile:
  • INFJ
    INFJ Posts: 86 Member
    Options

Get a bigger dress.

A bigger dress wouldnt fit me everywhere else. They had to order me the smaller size.

Why don't get the bigger dress and then have them take it in where needed?

Ya I'm sure she was covering her *own* mistake, by not getting you a dress that fits properly in the first place. Blaming you, is not fair!

You have 3 months, is that enough time to get them to order the right size and alter it?? You shouldn't have to change your body to fit the dress, it should be the other way around.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark here... does your dress have a corset back?
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options

Get a bigger dress.

NO, the size 6 didnt fit. The 4 fits perfect but just that one area it pulls together.

that's not right! you're supposed to order large & alter down, not order small and try to squeeze in. I'm 5'6" and there's no way I'd have back fat if I weighed 132! the dress is pulling your skin too tight
  • zsaoosh
    Options
    I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark here... does your dress have a corset back?

Yes it is a corset.
  • MandyJaneRose
    MandyJaneRose Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would have suggested going up a size in the dress, and then getting it taken in in the waist. You may have a narrow waist and a broader rib-cage/back? But if you've already said yes to the dress, here's some machines that will likely be at your gym that you can use to tone your back:

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/tips/strategy/weight-machines-at-gym/?page=3

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=826

And finally, SIT UP STRAIGHT. Sounds silly and like it won't help, but my yoga instructor constantly tells us that if you force yourself to sit up straight, you are forcing the muscles to stay activated.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred and running are making my back my favorite body part. 5'4 and 137.5 lbs currently.
  • lucylou9701
    lucylou9701 Posts: 194
    Options
    Romanian deadlifts focus more on the back then regular deadlifts so you could try those. Also if your gym has a rowing machine try using that they are great! Make sure when you use it though that you really focus on pulling your shoulder blades together on every stroke. Try zumba... the hip motion is great for both your back, butt and stomach. Also like suggested before try bent over rows. Another great exercise for the back are supermans and planks.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options

Yes it is a corset.

DING DING DING. I guess Bi&chy Mc Bit*chington just spouted her mouth off without actually telling u the truth... it's a corset, it nips and tucks and when you have excess skin or a slight bit o fat somewhere it pushes it to a "back bum",

There are slim as **** people out there who get this too. Some people will get rid of it some wont. Don't stress over it, it's the nature of the corset, we are taking fabric upon fabric, with fusing, with lining, with seams with boning, sewed together to keep things toit and on top of that beading etc etc.

The good news is, you could just loosen the corset a little at the top and see where you like it and wear it there. Make it tighter at the waist and mid back and when it gets to the top make it a little looser. Yay, my dress making background came in handy today! *happy dance
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options

Get a bigger dress.

that's not right! you're supposed to order large & alter down, not order small and try to squeeze in. I'm 5'6" and there's no way I'd have back fat if I weighed 132! the dress is pulling your skin too tight

I'm casting my vote with all the people who say you need to get the dress to fit YOU, not the other way around! ;) I still think the "back fat" may be skin!
  • zsaoosh
    Options

Yes it is a corset.

DING DING DING. I guess Bi&chy Mc Bit*chington just spouted her mouth off without actually telling u the truth... it's a corset, it nips and tucks and when you have excess skin or a slight bit o fat somewhere it pushes it to a "back bum",

There are slim as **** people out there who get this too. Some people will get rid of it some wont. Don't stress over it, it's the nature of the corset, we are taking fabric upon fabric, with fusing, with lining, with seams with boning, sewed together to keep things toit and on top of that beading etc etc.

The good news is, you could just loosen the corset a little at the top and see where you like it and wear it there. Make it tighter at the waist and mid back and when it gets to the top make it a little looser. Yay, my dress making background came in handy today! *happy dance

Thank you! The only problem is, the strings start at the top and work their way down so adjusting will be a B*tch! But its one day, I can bother someone to do this for one day LOL