Looking for Vegan gal pals...50+

Options
Hi...still new about three weeks and looking for other women Vegans...fifty and older to share inspiration for meals/recipes and support.

I have been a vegetarian for 36 years and a vegan for the past year. Actually, I don't use the term vegetarian anymore...I say I don't eat animals. I am a non meat eater for ethic/eco reasons.

I also incorporate a lot of RAW foods.

So let's connect and share.

Replies

• SexyBoomer
    SexyBoomer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, after 39 years of being vegetarian, I tried going Vegan in Jan. and felt fantastic and lost 5 lbs. . However as a pre-diabetic and obese person, I am now following Medifast .. There is dairy and some egg whites in the meals, but my lean and greens are vegan.... It is hard to keep carbs down and keep protein up enough to lose all my weight. but after I get to goal, it will be 100% vegan again. Oh, and I am 53.

Yes, I prefer plant based diet, to vegan.
  • DonnaSoszyn
    Options
    Hi...I just turned 53...how long have you been on Medifast? Do you like it? I looked into it once.
    Good luck.
  • LaMiaVita
    LaMiaVita Posts: 22
    Options
    Not vegan (I do eat dairy and eggs) but vegetarian -- may I join you, too? (I'm 56.)
  • SexyBoomer
    SexyBoomer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi...I just turned 53...how long have you been on Medifast? Do you like it? I looked into it once.
    Good luck.

Hi I love it, it is the only that works for me and is helping me reverse my Prediabetes, since the carbs are so low.. The average weight loss is 3lbs. a week and for me it's been about 2.5.. But I had over 100lbs. to lose.. Trying to lose weight and keeps carbs low for pre-diabetes on a vegan diet is harder than people think. Once I am at maintenance, I should be okay and will add more or continue to exercise.. It is a strict diet plan, but I do a little creative adjustments when necessary.. which is why I like this site. there are no Medifast snobs to yell at me and I can use the diary to make sure I am within 100 carbs a day, and under (or around) 1000 calories a day, with at least 75 gms of protein..
  • p0nderful
    p0nderful Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello All:
    I know, I'm a little late to the party.
    Anyway, i am 54 and prediabetic and have been eating vegan for about a month.. My blood sugar is still erratic.

I am also really tired of cooking twice--for me and the rest of my family. Any suggestions would be welcome.
  • azalea617
    azalea617 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm only 25, but vegetarian working on vegan (I've pretty much eliminated dairy and don't eat eggs that aren't cooked into something).

Do I count? :)