HAMBURGERS!

Options
I'm making hamburgers tonight!!!

What's your best hamburger recipe?

I have heard of people mixing mushrooms cheese and onions inside the hamburger...

What toppings do you use?

Replies

• kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Nobody? :(
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I personally like to add corn, onions and jalapeños. I've seen peple add beans also.
  • golightlyphilosophy
    Options
    Mediterranean burgers are probably my favorite. The sauce on this recipe looks good, but I like diced kalamata olives mixed in with the meat.
    http://www.artoflivingwell.ca/recipes/stir-fries-chilies-a-burgers/975-mediterranean-burgers-with-feta-cheese-sauce
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I love hamburgers! That's what we're having tonight too!

My favorite toppings:

hummus/or baba ganoush
    Laughing Cow Herb & Garlic cheese wedge
    avocado
    lettuce
    tomato
    roasted red bell peppers
    caramelized or grilled onions
    sauteed mushrooms
    grilled zucchini

And if I get all that on the burger, it makes it hard to take a bite because it's huge, but so, SO good! So much flavor.

And the BEST turkey burger I've ever had - Asian Turkey Burger with Sriracha Mayo: A Turkey Burger That Doesn't Suck: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/05/grilling-asian-turkey-burgers-with-sriracha-mayonnaise-recipe.html

Which reminds me, I need to make those again. :tongue:
  • beandawgy
    beandawgy Posts: 92
    Options
    This just made me very hungry....and I just ate lunch.
  • ashtynplatt
    ashtynplatt Posts: 364
    Options
    I really like turkey burgers! My husband is a pretty picky eater (not too bad though) and he loved them! He liked them better than the regular beef hamburgers. One thing I like to use as a topping is barbeque sauce, or lite mayo and ketchup. I also like lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, etc on my burgers.
  • christyjoyjr
    Options
    Juicy Lucys are good. I put fillings between two thin pressed patties and cook them to make stuffed burgers. Love it with mushrooms and swiss cheese.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    At our local grocery store they mix in cheddar cheese, bacon, jalpeno's.

My favorite is bacon and cheddar though.. soo good!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    PRIME Grade A MEAT, Egg, Onion, GARLIC, Salt, and jalapenos. topped with pepper-jack cheese slice, tomato, Onion, lettuce, Dijon Mustard, pickles and an onion bun
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i put salsa, garlic salt, pepper, oregano & basil in the meat before i make the paddy's. then i put them back in the freezer for an hour or so before grilling which helps them hold up together better when first cooking on the grill, i used to use a splash of soy sauce for this but you have to be careful, the tiniest bit too much and suddenly you have salty burgers, which is gross.
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have grass fed beef, and I plan on buying bacon, jalapenos, onions, tomatoes, avocados, pepper jack cheese... and some kind of buns.. normally I use lettuce for a bun.. but I want to spoil myself a little. ;)
  • _KatieKat
    _KatieKat Posts: 224
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian (well mostly) but I try to do veggie burgers but I always get that big fat juicy cheeseburger craving about once every two weeks. Just cheese and burger with mustard and onion! YUMMMMM!
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Best one I ever had had goat cheese and bacon on top. Mouth waters every time I think about it. DELICIOUS!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I have grass fed beef, and I plan on buying bacon, jalapenos, onions, tomatoes, avocados, pepper jack cheese... and some kind of buns.. normally I use lettuce for a bun.. but I want to spoil myself a little. ;)

With those ingredients, I'd make a jalapeno and pepperjack juicy lucy, topped with bacon, guac and some more cheese
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Toppings: pepper jack cheese slice, red onion, romaine lettuce, tomato slices, avocado
  • boognish1972
    boognish1972 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    We just made these patty melts last night and they were delicious.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/mushroom-provolone-patty-melts-10000002012768/

Mushroom and Provolone Patty Melts

Your family won’t believe this comforting sandwich is light. For the kids, use beef broth instead of beer, and try mild wheat bread.

Cooking Light OCTOBER 2010

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
    Total:20 Minutes
    Ingredients
    1 pound ground sirloin
    Cooking spray
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    1 (8-ounce) package sliced cremini mushrooms
    1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup dark beer (such as porter)
    8 (1.1-ounce) slices rye bread
    4 (3/4-ounce) slices reduced-fat provolone cheese

Preparation

1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Shape beef into 4 (4-inch) patties. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.

2. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, salt, pepper, and mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in beer; cook 30 seconds or until thick. Remove from heat; keep warm.

3. When patties are done, remove from large skillet. Wipe pan clean; heat over medium-high heat. Coat 1 side of each bread slice with cooking spray. Place 4 bread slices, coated sides down, in pan. Top each with 1 patty, 1 cheese slice, and one-fourth of mushroom mixture. Top with remaining bread slices; coat with cooking spray. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I love a simple burger...

I take 80/20 beef, add salt and pepper. That's it. I then proceed to make them into patties and grill them, put on a bun with lettuce, onion, mayo and catsup...just a dash of the condiments. I want to taste the beef!!

Once in a while I will splurge and add bacon or cheese.

Cheese tho...I don't do American Cheese...no way. I take a small wheel of Brie and grill it whole over the bbq so it gets those lovely grill marks and gets a great smoky flavor and is all melty and gooey inside, Then I take part of that and place it on my burger bun. It is AMAZINGLY good.

If I am really feeling gourmet, I will also add a thin layer of mango butter or apricot/blackberry/huckleberry/whatever preserve instead of the mayo and catsup. It is so good that way.
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy Black Bean Burgers. My favorite is the MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Burger with a little pepper jack, a slice of pineapple and lots of lettuce/spinach.