looking for Paleo/Primal friends

Options
any Paleo/Primal Lifestyle enthusiast out there? feel free to add me as your fitness pal, thank you :wink:

Replies

• benegesserit
    Options
    Hi, just got started, but I am interested in modified Paleo. In other words, I do eat some dairy, mostly cream, butter, and cheese, and try to keep the carbs <50-75 g per day.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Care to share a Paleo primer with those of us who are unfamiliar? Or a link?
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    How hard core are you looking for? I try to stick to it 85% of the time. But if i'm out all day its kind of hard to stick to it since most places arent paleo friendly.
  • OliveLucas
    OliveLucas Posts: 84
    Options
    Hi, just got started, but I am interested in modified Paleo. In other words, I do eat some dairy, mostly cream, butter, and cheese, and try to keep the carbs <50-75 g per day.

sounds like you are eating the primal way... which include dairy
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm Primal and sometimes paleo :) (or try to be. Pregnant & some days are harder than others to eat right. Bacon aversion? Right here *unhappy sigh*)
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I do keto and IF. If you wish to add me, go for it.
  • trey4cubs
    trey4cubs Posts: 20
    Options
    dairy is not really primal. In PB mark takes a hard line against dairy but he has softened and placed certain types of dairy in "limbo."
  • OliveLucas
    Options
    Care to share a Paleo primer with those of us who are unfamiliar? Or a link?

in a nutshell, eating paloe is eating unprocessed foods that were eaten by our ancestors long before the introduction of agriculture, so no grains, no legumes, no dairy, no sugar.

if you like to learn more, google Robb Wolf's "The Paleo Solution", Dr Loren Cordain's "The Paleo Diet", and Mark Sisson's "The Primal Blueprint".
  • OliveLucas
    Options

thank you very much for the link, i've just joined the group :smile:
  • OliveLucas
    Options
    How hard core are you looking for? I try to stick to it 85% of the time. But if i'm out all day its kind of hard to stick to it since most places arent paleo friendly.

i'm pretty much 80 ~ 90%, i'm so ready to go 100%.
  • Kenswife
    Kenswife Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you for the link!
  • OliveLucas
    Options
    dairy is not really primal. In PB mark takes a hard line against dairy but he has softened and placed certain types of dairy in "limbo."

denefitely not those commercial dairy products.
    what Mark includes in the primal eating is high-fat dairy (raw, fermented, unpasteurized).
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options

denefitely not those commercial dairy products.
    what Mark includes in the primal eating is high-fat dairy (raw, fermented, unpasteurized).

happy consumer of grass fed cream, raw milk, and full fat cottage cheese over here! :)