Sushi Questions

Options
Hi,

Does anybody know how much calories are in artifical crab "hand rolls" and tuna "hand rolls"? I had 3 this afternoon and am trying to track my eating calories but I can't find the information anywhere on Google. The hand rolls are a piece of seaweed wrapped with rice and tuna/crab meat (4 inches by 2 diameter).

Thanks!

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    my guess is to break them down into indivudal foods. I find that I have to do that alot.
  • Tasha73
    Options
    Just today I looked up generic sushi in the MFP fitness database and find the roll type...my fav is spicy tuna. It will give you the cals for 8 pieces. I usually only eat 3 pieces at a time so I divide 3/8 and get the serving total..0.375. Hope this helps.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    i believe an average of 60-calories a roll. it semms high but it is rice and generally a fatty fish...BUT all quality caloroes. and spicy tuna is my fave as well...brown rice especially
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    6 pieces have about 266 calories. This is if it's made with white sushi rice, one sheet of nori, cucumber, avacado, and immitation crab.
    Source(s):
    The daily plate
    http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-c

If it did not have avacado then it would be about 66 cals less
  • Savage_Garden
    Options
    I think it's about 60cals per piece. I love spicy tuna as well. It's my favorite japanese dish.
  • ALCarpenter615
    Options
    As opposed to a fatty fish you can try a fruit with light cream cheese. I love mango and cream cheese... Mmmmmmmm!
  • mslofty
    Options
    I am not sure if you guys know what I meant by hand roll. These rolls look like a christmas tree. They use a big sheet of seaweed, 4 inch tuna and sushi rice and just roll it up. These rolls are NOT cut up into smaller pieces. If they are around 60 calories each, then I swear I am going to back back for double next time I am in a sushi bar :)
  • mslofty
    Options
    Thanks Niky1215. I am going to have 4 next times :)