Protein Question..

Options
I know it is supposed to help you to feel full..but are you actually supposed to feel like you just ate an entire 10 course meal??? =/ I had a muscle milk protein bar for breakfast..and it felt like I had eat way too much. This happened when I first started making protein smoothies with the whey powder.. so I cut what I was using in half. Am I eating too much at once?

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    A protein bar should not make you feel like you ate a 10-course meal. If it's bothering you, try breaking it in half and eating half of it an hour or two later. I bet that it's just an adjustment and you won't get that feeling after a couple times eating the bars.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Do you meal full or bloated?

Whey can make some people bloat a little.

If you want a pure protein source I would ditch the protein bars as often they have tons of other crap in them and buy a decent quality whey powder such as on gold standard.

Plus this would work out MUCH cheaper for you
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    If you feel unwell, my guess is that either you are eating too much at once, or that your body doesn't like what you are eating for some reason. If the bar you ate contained dairy, and you have trouble with whey protein smoothies, it is possible that you're intolerant to dairy. If you think that is unlikely, perhaps try having half a bar and a piece of fruit. I'd say if using half a scoop of protein works for you, that is probably a good solution.
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    No, you are not eating too much at once, that is what protein does. Fills you up. I always eat high protein diet and am barely hungry,, even with excessive workouts. And, it is very important for you to get enough protein to feed your muscle. Just experiment a little, you will see what works the best for you and your body will adjust :-D
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's just bloating; it will pass.
  • marilynsuarez
    Options
    I felt that way to so I alternate eating protein bars and some times canned tuna.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Thanks! =)
    I only grabbed it because I had to be at work and I had nothing for lunch.. if I try again I'll half it.

Y'all were very helpful! =D
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Do you meal full or bloated?

Whey can make some people bloat a little.

If you want a pure protein source I would ditch the protein bars as often they have tons of other crap in them and buy a decent quality whey powder such as on gold standard.

Plus this would work out MUCH cheaper for you

^^This.