Good Healthy Snack food?

Options
I need some suggestions for good healthy snack food. Fruit and or almonds just isn't doing it for me.

Replies

• neverquit16
    Options
    Celery or carrots!! They are rather low in calories, and you spend time chewing each bite. It tricks your brain into thinking you are eating more that you are. Works for me, usually!
  • dragonc321
    dragonc321 Posts: 33
    Options
    Not really a "healthy" snack but I always crave sweets so I make low-cal chocolate cupcakes. A box of Devil's Food chocolate cake mixed with a 15 oz. can of Libby's pumpkin. Makes 18 cupcakes at 88 cals a piece. Sometimes I add a scoop of chocolate protein powder which ups the calorie count a bit but adds more protein into my diet. If I have enough leftover daily cals then I add a serving of breyers fat free vanilla ice cream, too.
  • neverquit16
    Options
    Not really a "healthy" snack but I always crave sweets so I make low-cal chocolate cupcakes. A box of Devil's Food chocolate cake mixed with a 15 oz. can of Libby's pumpkin. Makes 18 cupcakes at 88 cals a piece. Sometimes I add a scoop of chocolate protein powder which ups the calorie count a bit but adds more protein into my diet. If I have enough leftover daily cals then I add a serving of breyers fat free vanilla ice cream, too.
    This sounds absolutely amazing!:love:
  • brinaz88
    brinaz88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i have the turbo nutrition guide and have a lot's of recipes!

pick up 1 rice cake topped with 1/2 tbsp. almond butter (or peannut butter) and 1/2 banana sliced.

it's around 137 calories and is so much delicious!
    2.5g protein
    22g carbs
    total fat 5 g
    1 g fiber

cottage cheese and fruit:
    1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
    6 oz canned peaches drained (may substitue 4 tomatoes slices ou 1/2 cup of berries)
    arround 154 calories

1 samll baked sweet potato topped with dash of nutmeg and 1 tsp. honey (83 calories)

1 celery stalk with 1 tbsp peannut butter and 5 raisins (127 calories)
  • GaglianiGirl
    Options
    A piece of whole wheat bread/toast with some natural peanut butter, A pickle, extra dark chocolate and raspberries.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I need some suggestions for good healthy snack food. Fruit and or almonds just isn't doing it for me.
    I enjoy those Cliff Bars, Special K and Nature Valley meal bars. I am with you on healthy snacks.
    I get it!
    I need something more than tofu wrapped in seaweed dipped in celery juice.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOVE veggies with roasted red pepper hummus -- celery, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers.... so delish!!
    cucumber 'chips' with salsa is also really delish!!
    if you want actual chips & dip -- I like terra sweets & beets (sweet potato & beet chips) with roasted red pepper hummus!

if you want a sweet treat - try this ---> mix chocolate protein powder, pb2, cocoa powder and a packet of splenda (or sweetener of your choice) with a little bit of water until it creates a pasty mixture/consistency. Freeze for half an hour. dig in! It's delish too!