Do I really have to??

Options
Ever have one of those weeks were getting dressed feels like a feat? This has been my week, feeling defeated. I only ran once this week and I have eaten terribly. In fact today I had Sonics. Tonight I am due to run, Friday nights I typically complete 4-5 miles. Ugh, could someone please send some motivation or something!

Replies

• jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    WOW....4-5 miles? You are motivation for me! Do you know how many people can't ever run that? I know you can beat yourself up for what you didn't do. But how about being proud of yourself for what you are doing? Do you know how many people are stiting on their butts all night every night pigging out complaining about their weight and yet you are doing something about it? Also, set some goals for yourself. I wanted to do an 8K and so I trained for it. That helped motivate me. Also might be helpful to find a friend to run with you so you have some accountability. I'd be willing to be your friend if that'll help too! You can do this just stay focused and don't beat yourself up for what you are not doing!
  • Calliope90
    Calliope90 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I need motivation badly too. Okay, I have a picture that is amazing, and I will try to find the link to it for ya.

Okay, here are a few-

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l633/WhyPink/PS/Imagen053.png

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l633/WhyPink/PS/060.png
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I wish I could up and run 4-5 miles, but my shins won't let me. :(

Don't dread tonight's run. If it goes well, great! If not, don't get down on yourself. Look at it as an opportunity to get one more thing right about this week you're having...and that's not clocking in a perfect run or workout, but rather in spite of everything you're feeling you showed up for every minute, mile, rep etc.

Good luck!
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Put on your workout gear, your shoes and get going. That's what I do and I am always glad I did. I also tell myself, I won't do X until I work out today. I'm so mean to myself!:laugh:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the length of my long runs seems intimidating, even though I CAN do it. Those days, I'll just commit myself to a shorter run- maybe 2 miles in your case- and then you can decide after 2 miles if you want to continue. It's a lot less pressure, and I almost always decide to finish the original length once I'm already out there.
  • catwoman131
    Options
    What usually helps me on these days (and there are plenty of them) is that even a very short workout can revitalize your drive and reaffirm what you're doing all of this for. You are probably beating yourself up, yelling at your body, etc.... but moving around a bit usually puts things back in perspective. Even if it takes a ton of effort, do something active. Maybe even just a couple of jumping jacks :)
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Read your profile picture & follow your own advice :)
  • RejoicingL
    RejoicingL Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You might be dreading it now, but you know how good you will feel during and after! ;)
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Guess, I better get changed and go run....Thank you all!!

One step at a time :)
  • Gogretchen1
    Options
    I can completely relate today- I KNOW I need to work out.. but instead I have gotten ice cream with a friend and am sitting lazily in front of a fan at home because of the heat. We can do it! It is easy to leave things to tomorrow but we will both feel so much better and proud of ourselves if we stick to our guns. Also- congrats on the fact that you have already lost 15 lbs and can run 4-5 miles :) I can only run 3 on a good day. Don't put things off- Think of something that you would really love to do tonight or something you've been wanting to do and reward yourself with it after your run.

Get it, girl ;)
  • crazy_indeed
    Options
    I can completely relate today- I KNOW I need to work out.. but instead I have gotten ice cream with a friend and am sitting lazily in front of a fan at home because of the heat. We can do it! It is easy to leave things to tomorrow but we will both feel so much better and proud of ourselves if we stick to our guns. Also- congrats on the fact that you have already lost 15 lbs and can run 4-5 miles :) I can only run 3 on a good day. Don't put things off- Think of something that you would really love to do tonight or something you've been wanting to do and reward yourself with it after your run.

Get it, girl ;)

I lost 10 pounds before learning about MFP, the last 15 have been more enjoyable. Okay, I know its hot and I dont know about you, but my week has been pretty crappy. Lets lace those shoes and get our butts in the heat....
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yes, you really have to!!!! ;)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You should be lifting too. Not just cardio.
  • crazy_indeed
    Options
    I do not know where to begin when it comes to lifting.
  • MoreBean13
    Options

Cue Floodgates, LOL.

Do you have access to a gym or home weights?
  • crazy_indeed
    Options

Cue Floodgates, LOL.

Do you have access to a gym or home weights?
  • crazy_indeed
    Options
    Gym
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Gym

Your best bet would be to look in to Stronglifts 5x5, Starting Strength program, or New Rules of Lifting for well developed beginner compound lifting programs. Stronglifts has their program online for free, and I like the 5x5 format. That's where I would start.
    http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options

I really needed this right now. Thank you!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I don't run but I do lift heavy.

however this picture motivates me. If anyone had an excuse to NOT excercise she did.

be-miserable-or-motivate-yourself-cute-girl-demotivational-posters-13398940011.jpg