Magic Bullet for Smoothies?

Options
Does anyone have one of these and are they good for smoothies and portable enough for taking to work to make smoothies there for lunch? Are they pretty easy to clean? If not, any recommendations??

Replies

• momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Good for making smoothies, and super easy to clean, but I don't know if I would take it to work, its heavy. But compared to a blender, it would be perfect to use. Its not huge, and you can make your one serving smoothie and drink out of the cup you used ot make it which is nice.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I've got one, it has a bit of trouble with ice, I am sometimes left with chucks of ice in my shake.

Do you intend to bring the entire Magic Bullet to work or just bring the shakes (made at home) in the container? It's pretty noisy, I don't know how your coworkers may feel about that.

I don't feel the Magic Bullet is a heavy object to carry to work at all, it fits in my purse no problem.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    My boss brought his in so we could make our shakes at work. It's a little loud, but it's easy to clean, you just have to make sure you have the lid on tight so your smoothie doesn't start leaking out into the machine. I bought the Hamilton Beach single serve travel one, and that actually chops the ice much faster than the bullet, and you don't have to switch tops because the blades are actually part of the container you drink from. You can't let it run for a full minute like the Magic Bullet though. You just pulse it a few times and it's done!
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about taking it to work to make the smoothies, but the noise, though not long, would get to be annoying... thanks for the input!
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but I bought a Magic Bullet this weekend and I just made my first smoothie, it's so good I had to post my enthusiasm.

Post workout I use it to blend chocolate whey and 2% milk, but I wanted something else so I just did the following:

1 cup water
    1 cup frozen raspberries
    1 scoop chocolate whey
    ice
    squirt of lemon juice

It's 125 calories, has 13.5 grams of protein and it's so good I'd date it if I could. Took me 2 minutes from pulling out ingredients to sipping on it and declaring "OH MY GOD THIS IS GOOOOO!"

The thing only cost me $50 at Costco, forget toting it to work and back, I'm buying another one for my desk.

(Also it's super easy to clean, and I love that I can toss different berries in a 2nd cup and make my boyfriend something he'd prefer. )
  • adrienne__michelle
    adrienne__michelle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love my magic bullet! But yes as mentioned it won't blend ice fully. But it blends enough to make things cold and thicker. I haven't yet, but totally have thought about bringing it to work and totally would! I think it would transport quite easily.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but I bought a Magic Bullet this weekend and I just made my first smoothie, it's so good I had to post my enthusiasm.

Post workout I use it to blend chocolate whey and 2% milk, but I wanted something else so I just did the following:

1 cup water
    1 cup frozen raspberries
    1 scoop chocolate whey
    ice
    squirt of lemon juice

It's 125 calories, has 13.5 grams of protein and it's so good I'd date it if I could. Took me 2 minutes from pulling out ingredients to sipping on it and declaring "OH MY GOD THIS IS GOOOOO!"

The thing only cost me $50 at Costco, forget toting it to work and back, I'm buying another one for my desk.

(Also it's super easy to clean, and I love that I can toss different berries in a 2nd cup and make my boyfriend something he'd prefer. )

What does the lemon do?
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I love mine too! I get ice from the dispense on my freeze and as long as it's crushed, it blends it realy well. It leaves chunks if it's the whole pieces of ice.

Plus, if you have kids, it's great! It's so easy to make them a quick "shake" that's actually healthy.
  • eaepright
    eaepright Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I actually bought a Back to Basics, WAY cheaper and fantastic. I use frozen fruit insetad of ice, but I do need to let it defrost slightly before I blend, but it is fantastic. My only complaint is that I have to use a straw to drink it or else I cannot get any smoothie out.
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    I LOVE my Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender with 2 Jars and 2 Lids. $21.00 on Amazon. It does a great job on ice and frozen fruit. I've only had it about a month, but so far, so good.