Loosing the last few inches of tummy fat...

Options
Hi people, I wondered whether any of you had any advise or hints on how to loose stubborn tummy fat. I've lost around 3 to 4 inches fro my waist (going from 36 inches to 32 inches) in the last 2 to 3 months, but I want to see my abs which I know are hiding somewhere. I just need to get rid of that excess fat. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    What's your body fat %?
  • TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    What's your body fat %?
    I don't definitely know but according to some web site calculators, I would guess around 17%/18%, may be a bit more.
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I think for males I read that body fat% had to be down close to 9% to really see abs and women its closer to 15% (though I could be wrong here). You may need to do a bulk/cut cycle to really see your abs. You can cut now until you are at a weight you like, and then you will have to bulk (eat in surplus) while lifting heavy for a few months, and then cut (eat at deficit) while still maintaining your muscle that you formed during your bulk. Then maintain fully.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    just keep on keeping on... abs start to show up around 10-12%bf, nice definition around 8ish. exact number depends on genetics
    when you get that low if you still have issues with ab definition there is some stuff you can do to help, but it's a PITA and pointless at higher bf%
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    ^^What they said. Unfortunately the only answer is to keep on keepin' on, cutting body fat. :grumble:
  • thejonperry
    Options
    Cool info.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    Instanty helped me big time, p90x and Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred
  • ZoobityBop
    ZoobityBop Posts: 22
    Options
    What really helped me was Truth About Abs by Mike Geary, check it out: http://fantasticfitnessreviews.com/truth-about-abs-review/
  • TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thx guys and gals. So useful hints and tips.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Keep eating at a deficit while maintaining a strength training routine. Don't leave out lower body - extremely important to work these muscles as well.

Some people have very specific tricks when they get to a very low bodyfat percent, but I wouldn't worry about small details right now.

I'm at 8% myself and working towards 6% and haven't paid attention to much more than my macros and calorie intake. Strength training 3x a week and a cardio intensive hobby 2x a week. I avoid processed sugar as much as possible, drink lots of water, and consume a ton of protein. I am also not a carb-fearing pansy.

Edit: I have that same Korn shirt. :) Good luck to you man.