HRM - what are the best??

Options
So Im looking into getting a HRM because I feel that MFP grosly overestimates calorie burn ... and I do too! Im not so sure about the machines at the gym because I do put in my age/height/weight etc but do not like to hold into the heart rate areas ....

Anyway, I want to know what are the best ones to look at? Id like the heart rate and maybe also calorie burn if that is an option.

What do you think?

Replies

• MachellePhillips
    MachellePhillips Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in the market, too. Someone help us! Is Polar still the best?
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Yes, Polar. Very good, even for the FT4 which is an entry level. I have an FT7.

If you're fit, MFP likely does overestimate. For me (ie not fit) it was underestimating.
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and love it. My husband has a Timex Ironman, which is also good. I do not consider myself fit and the Polar estimates my workouts a little below what MFP does, which was a little disappointing at first but better for me in the long run.
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar ft-4. I love it! It does everything I need it to do even though it is entry level. It was only $68 including shipping. I had initially wanted the Ft-6 but it wasn't worth the extra money to me. The FT-4 will tell you how many calories you've burned and it will let you know if you're in the correct heart rate zone. It's fantastic and affordable.

Also, no matter which one you get, I can't tell you how much it has increased my desire to workout. For some reason it really motivates me to push harder and try to beat my calorie burn from the previous day.
  • Angiehanzen1013
    Angiehanzen1013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I JUST bought the Polar as well (FT40) I LOVE it. I used to have the MIO, because I didn't want to wear a heart rate strap, but it was AWFUL!!! I did a lot of research and have been so happy with the purchase. It really helps to know how much your body is burning, and it was affordable (compared to others). HIGHLY recommend!