Im an ahole - but people like that

Options
So im an ahole. I wasn't before - I used to be the nice guy that would go out of his way to be nice to everyone in college. But - I never made many friends. Since becoming an ahole I've gained WAY more friends and have gotten way more action from the chicks... do people just like aholes? Cuz sometimes I hate myself...

Replies

• Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Only a true ahole would use a phrase like "way more action from the chicks", so I totally believe you.

But the part about being a nice guy before? That's bulls.

dennis-leary.jpg
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Why not just become awesome instead of being an a-hole ?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

That pretty much sums it up there...see? Bacon really does make everything better :bigsmile:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    a-holes and as$hats never win
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Because some people can't handle being awesome- so they become aholes instead. Only truly awesome people can be awesome- you've either got it or you don't! But if you want to try and prove me wrong then by all means..... nothing wrong with a world of awesomeness
  • getsixpack
    getsixpack Posts: 49
    Options
    Nah I was super nice to people - never even cussed.... then I got into a car accident where I suffered a skull fracture and I just stopped caring abotu what people think
    Only a true ahole would use a phrase like "way more action from the chicks", so I totally believe you.

But the part about being a nice guy before? That's bulls.
  • getsixpack
    Options
    When I was "awesome" and nice to everyone, people ignored my *kitten*.
    Because some people can't handle being awesome- so they become aholes instead. Only truly awesome people can be awesome- you've either got it or you don't! But if you want to try and prove me wrong then by all means..... nothing wrong with a world of awesomeness
  • getsixpack
    Options
    Doesn't seem to be the norm in politics and business...
    a-holes and as$hats never win
  • getsixpack
    Options
    This is gonna turn into a troll post - very fast with me trolling. My question is - why does acting like a **** make me have more friends compared to when I was nice? I'm being serious - don't make me start trolling because I just want to know why aholes get more attention.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    People like confidence, not doormats.
  • jaygregz
    jaygregz Posts: 104
    Options
    This is gonna turn into a troll post - very fast with me trolling. My question is - why does acting like a **** make me have more friends compared to when I was nice? I'm being serious - don't make me start trolling because I just want to know why aholes get more attention.

Because the peoples whose attention you are seeking have about as much depth as the inside of a thimble. If you enjoy the company of moronic fake people and like women with low self esteem then all the power to you and you should continue doing what you are doing. Otherwise, if you want to actually surround yourself with people who matter and who won't make your life miserable you may want to start being genuine. What comes around goes around and believe it or not there are plenty of nice people out there that are worth putting an effort in for.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warning. I'd seriously reconsider the quality of the people you're attracting by being an *kitten*.
  • getsixpack
    Options
    Hmmmmmm true.... when I was nice I had few friends but they were high quality - had goals in life (my best friend in college is at a top med school and he stopped talking to me when I turned into a ****) and were nice also....

Because the peoples whose attention you are seeking have about as much depth as the inside of a thimble. If you enjoy the company of moronic fake people and like women with low self esteem then all the power to you and you should continue doing what you are doing. Otherwise, if you want to actually surround yourself with people who matter and who won't make your life miserable you may want to start being genuine. What comes around goes around and believe it or not there are plenty of nice people out there that are worth putting an effort in for.
  • getsixpack
    Options
    Yeah - actually the people I attract now are way way stupider than when I was nice...
    Thanks for the warning. I'd seriously reconsider the quality of the people you're attracting by being an *kitten*.
  • Notorious_T
    Notorious_T Posts: 384
    Options
    All I read was ahole and people like that...totally bummed that this isn't about sex...my dirty mind just assumed it would be...

*kicks rocks*
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Being Awesome- is not the same as "being nice"

As Nerdy_Rose stated: it's all about confidence, but you don't have to be a d*ck head to be confident. But I would imagine the aholes get more attention because they are "trolling" for it so to speak- putting oneself out there to be heard, seen etc but doing it in a way that demeans and can be found offensive by others. But in all seriousness, you are probably doing or saying things that your "friends" just didn't have the balls to say or do themselves- doesn't make it right though. Some things are better left unsaid and undone

It may be getting you more a@@, but is it the type you really want to be getting if you yourself state you hate the way you act sometimes? Kind of contradictory don't you think?

"Because the peoples whose attention you are seeking have about as much depth as the inside of a thimble. If you enjoy the company of moronic fake people and like women with low self esteem then all the power to you and you should continue doing what you are doing. Otherwise, if you want to actually surround yourself with people who matter and who won't make your life miserable you may want to start being genuine. What comes around goes around and believe it or not there are plenty of nice people out there that are worth putting an effort in for."

Totally this ^^^^^^^^^
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I'm a crass, endearing motherf*cker.
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I say whatever comes to my mind whenever I f'ing feel like it and it seems to work for me!! :D
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It's weird but I'm genuinely an a-hole and I have a handful of friends.

Much better than having 100 acquaintances.
  • mary34reilly
    mary34reilly Posts: 59 Member
    Options

That pretty much sums it up there...see? Bacon really does make everything better :bigsmile:

Awesome is awesome...and believe it or not....being an ahole won't get you very far, in life I mean. Being an ahole isn't really socially acceptable....least not in places where the grown ups are.

Besides, if you hate yourself...or how your acting, that's surely a sign. Who knows why you get more friends as an ahole. Definitely quality plays into it. That and maybe it's just easier to be an ahole then be awesome...

Yay Bacon! As in Kevin :)